I chose not to send my first CLEP that I took in Oct (I'm regretting that decision now)... The ones I took in Nov & Dec, I decided to go ahead and send them to Excelsior. I finally enrolled at Excelsior the beginning of this week, and the school already had the CLEPs I sent them available for my evaluation... Now I'm out another $20 and waiting and waiting for the transcript for the first test to arrive because I hadn't sent it.
In my experience, it does not hurt at all to send the scores to your school of choice even if you're not planning on enrolling for a while. When they get the scores, they'll set them aside where they'll be available once you do enroll. And you save yourself time (waiting for the darn transcript to get there) and money (the $20 for the transcript is better spent)... And if you decide to go somewhere else than the school you had the stuff sent to, you can always just have the transcript sent to that place. What's the original school going to do? Write you a nasty letter to you about having scores sent to them because you're a prospective student?
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.
Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)