I'm done!! BA Psychology, TESU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done!! BA Psychology, TESU

I've finished 100% of my coursework for my BA in Psychology! Just got the final grade back for my capstone today, and I earned a 97% in the class!

My degree won't officially be conferred until December, but it's nice to be done with the actual work.

Everyone here was so incredibly helpful, and of course I couldn't have done it without the forum's help.

I want to thank Sanantone in particular. Your wikia degree plan was what helped me really figure out what I needed to do and how, and all I had to do was tailor it to the newer catalog and my circumstances. It was invaluable to me and I appreciate it very much! I think it was the first resource I really uncovered as far as alternative paths went, which led me to this great route. So thank you so much!

Of course I had many questions along the way, and folks like cookderosa and dfrecore were always incredibly helpful. Thank you both! I know so many more of you were of so much help, and I'm sorry I can't remember each interaction to thank you each personally. If I did, this post would probably be book-length! Aside from being so helpful for my degree endeavors, this forum has been a fun community to learn new things, interact with interesting folks, encourage each other, or just kill some time while I'm at work.

So, thanks DegreeForum!

I think in this thread in the next few days I'll give a bit of a map of my degree path, mainly so I can move it out of my huge signature! I can just link to the post instead and save some extra room in that sig line so it's not as obnoxious

I'm not certain what comes next, but I have some ideas in mind. My BA in Psych isn't super helpful in my line of work (other than checking a box) it's just something that has always been particularly interesting and engaging for me personally and the degree was a personal goal. So my next school endeavor will be more directly related to my career. I'm still thinking it out.

At any rate, I'm done (for now)!!!!!!!!!

Working on: BS IT-Sec, WGU (79/123 CUs complete)

BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State, 2016
    AA Sociology, community college, 2015
    Linux+, LPIC-1 Linux Admin, Security+, Network+, A+, and CIW Site Development Associate certified
    BA completed using community college, Competency-Based Education (via Patten University - would not recommend), Study.com, Coopersmith Career Consulting (via Tor College Credits), TESU courses, and a handful of free ACE-recommended credits. See my full BA path here! BS being completed by Competency-Based Education (via WGU - would recommend!)

Check out DegreeForum's Community-Supported Wiki!

Awesome!!!!!

You did an amazing job -- all the while helping here at the df, encouraging others (like me!), updating the wiki, and of course being a daddy. Congrats!!!
    BA.SS: TESU '17
    AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
    CHW Certification: CC '15
    ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
    CC: '95-'16
    CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
    DSST: HTYH; '08
    FEMA: unusable at TESU
    IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
    Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
    NFA: 2 CR; '15
    SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
    Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
    Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
    TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
    TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread.

Comment

Well done friend!
      Working On: MS CSIA From WGU

B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
      A.S. - COSC - May 2015

Comment

Excellent job!! Congratulations!
        I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Comment

Congratulations!!! You did a good job
          TESU BSBA GENERAL MANAGEMENT

Completed :

ALEKS
          Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Precalculus

Straighterline
          Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, American Government, Introdution to Sociology, Microbiology, Organizational Behavior, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Medical Terminology, Principles of Management, United States History I, Western Civilization I, Cultural Anthropology, Business Law,
          Business Statistics, Accounting I

Tennessee College of Applied Technology
          Dosage Calculations for Nurses- 4 Credits

61/120 Credits

..........more to be added we are getting somewhere

Comment

Congratulations!!
            Aurelius

BSBA General Management (Completed)

Graduation June 9, 2017
            Commencement September 23, 2017

Study.com Labor Relations 89%; Principles of Supv 91%; HR Management 94%; Prin of Finance 83%; Globalization & Intl Mgt 87%; Pers Finance 88%; Prin of Marketing 87%; Digital Mkt & Adv 94%; Bus Comm 92%
            StraighterLine Acct I 90%; Acct II 83%; Macro 92%; Micro 92%; Intro to Religion 87%; American Govt 88%; Bus Law 86%; Fin Accounting 84%; Mgr Accounting 84%; Intro to Comm 93%; Prin of Mgt 89%; Intro to Env Science 92%; Intro to Nutrition 89%
            ALEKS Beg Algebra; Int Algebra; College Algebra; PreCalculus; Intro to Stats
            The Institutes - Ethics and CPCU Code
            Kaplan University - Doc Your Exp for College Credit
            NFA Comm Safety Educators; Fire Service Sprvn
            TEEX CS for Everyone; CS for Bus Prof; CS for IT Prof
            University of South Florida (USF) Comp 1 & 2; Various history and music courses
            TESU - Comp Concepts and App 87%; Strategic Management - 81%

Comment

Congratulations!! You deserve a little break and do take your time (but not too much) deciding on your next step. It might not mean much to others but checking that little Bachelors Degree box does feel great.
              Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible St Francis of Assisi
              Now a mostly retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
              BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
              AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC Dec '12

Comment

A big fat congratulations! Well done.
                - Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
                Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
                Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
                Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
                45 Credits from Straighterline
                24 Credits from TECEP
                13 Credits from Penn Foster College
                12 Credits fro ALEKS
                4 Credits from TEEX

Comment

Congratulations!
                  Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
                  Complete: TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing DSST MIS, Cybersecurity
                  Remaining: Macroeconomics, Managerial Accounting

Comment

Congratulations! This is so awesome
                    Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
                    (Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
                    (DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
                    (CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
                    (UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
                    (COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
                    (Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics

Comment

Very Cool - Congratulations!!!
                      PhD or DBA - selection process stage
                      MBA, Western Governors University - in progress
                      MSML, Western Governors University - 2017

BSBA, Thomas Edison State University 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story

Comment

Originally posted by Lindagerr View Post
                        Congratulations!! You deserve a little break and do take your time (but not too much) deciding on your next step. It might not mean much to others but checking that little Bachelors Degree box does feel great.

Originally posted by Mamasaphire View Post
                        Awesome!!!!!

You did an amazing job -- all the while helping here at the df, encouraging others (like me!), updating the wiki, and of course being a daddy. Congrats!!!
                        Great job! I would have said the same thing as the above two posters...

It's extra rewarding after being "busy" with kids, I tell ya! Congrats!
                        TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA General Management (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)

2017 BSBA General Management Spreadsheet (using mainly SL/Study.com)
                        DegreeForum's Community-Supported Wiki

1. The Basic Approach - Online Education Guide
                        2. Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit
                        3. How/When To Start? Start Now For Cheap!
                        4. Several Sources Of Cheap Credit
                        5. The Spreadsheet - Track Your Progress - Reference Tool
                        6. The ABCs - A, CBD, E, F, G - Accreditation, Competency Based Degree, Evaluation, Fees, GPA
                        7. Overwhelmed - Too Long Didn't Read - Just Help Me Please, Step By Step!

Sources of Credit - Davar, Saylor, Straighterline.com, Study.com and Alternatives
                        FREE Sources of Credit (used for free electives)

View my profile "About Me" for Quick info on TESU BALS/BSBA Bachelors Degree in 1200 hours (120 days or 4 months)
                        Note: Read the entire Wiki guide to review TESU equivalency course list & links for CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com/TECEP

Comment

Awesome to hear and great job on the capstone...Congrats!!
                          TESU BSBA GM - 120/120
                          TEEX (4cr) - Cyber Security 101 - Cyber Security 301
                          The Institutes (2cr) - Ethics
                          ALEKS (12cr) - Intermediate Algebra - College Algebra - Stats - Precalculus
                          Shmoop (9cr) - Euro His - US His I - US His II
                          Study.com (78cr) - World Religions - Vietnam War - Civil War and Reconstruction - Civil War - American Gov - Personal Finance - Spanish 199 - Sociology - Computing 101 - Earth Science - Comp Info Systems - Public Speaking - Prin of Marketing - Digital Marketing - Labor Relations - HR Management - Prin of Management - Strat HR Management - Org Behavior - Prin of Finance - Macro - Micro - Business Communication - Globalization and International Management - English Comp I - English Comp II
                          TESU (4cr) - Cornerstone - Strategic Management TECEP
                          Straighterline (12cr) - Business Law - Accounting 101 - Accounting 102 - Accounting 201

Waiting for September graduation!

Comment

Congratulations!
                            ---
                            Done!
                            TESU ASBA & BSBA 2016 (Planned)

CLEP - Management, Information Systems and Computer Applications, Sociology, Business Law, English w/Essay, Marketing, Social Sciences, Humanities, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Microeconomics, Natural Sciences, Macroeconomics, American Government

DSST - Supervision, Intro to Business, Personal Finance, Financial Accounting, Management Information Systems, Organizational Behavior, Finance, Business Ethics and Society, Human Resource Management, Statistics, Intermediate Algebra

TECEP - Managerial Accounting, Financial Institutions and Markets, Sales Management, Advertising

Saylor - Managerial Communications

ALEKS - College Algebra

Penn Foster - Strategic Management

CISSP - Computer Network Systems, Network Administration, Network Security, Computer Security, Network Technology

ACE - Dale Carnegie Course - Speech

Comment

Congratulations, and I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts in updating the wiki.
                              TxState - PhD CJ (ABD)
                              Angelo - Master of Security Studies (finished in 14 months and under $11k) & Grad Cert Terrorism
                              TESC - BA Soc Sci, AAS ESST, ASNSM in Bio, BSBA CIS (in progress)
                              Free study aids: Learner.org, Allpsych.com, Learnerstv.com, Saylor, & KhanAcademy.
                              CLEP
                              Intro Psych 70, US Hist I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mark 68
                              DSST
                              Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
                              ALEKS
                              Int Alg, College Alg
                              FEMA
                              5 credits, PDS
                              TEEX
                              4 credits
                              TECEP
                              Federal Income Taxation, Science of Nutrition, Microeconomics, Strategic Management, Medical Terminology
                              CSU Global CBE
                              Sys Analysis and Design
                              Straighterline
                              Intro to Comm, Microbiology
                              Uexcel
                              A&P

Comment

Working...
                              X