DSST site down!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSST site down!

Hello, I was supposed to take a DSST test today but the site has been down since Friday. I have called every number available with no one available. I spoke with testing cite today and they have no idea when and what is happening either. Does anybody know what is up? Thanks!

i am a little freaked out about this as well. There is no one to get in touch with.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. However, it seems like an internet or network issue at their end...
      Nothing much you need to do but wait it out... While waiting, take that time to "review".
      TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA General Management (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)

2017 BSBA General Management Spreadsheet (using mainly SL/Study.com)
      DegreeForum's Community-Supported Wiki

1. The Basic Approach - Online Education Guide
      2. Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit
      3. How/When To Start? Start Now For Cheap!
      4. Several Sources Of Cheap Credit
      5. The Spreadsheet - Track Your Progress - Reference Tool
      6. The ABCs - A, CBD, E, F, G - Accreditation, Competency Based Degree, Evaluation, Fees, GPA
      7. Overwhelmed - Too Long Didn't Read - Just Help Me Please, Step By Step!

Sources of Credit - Davar, Saylor, Straighterline.com, Study.com and Alternatives
      FREE Sources of Credit (used for free electives)

View my profile "About Me" for Quick info on TESU BALS/BSBA Bachelors Degree in 1200 hours (120 days or 4 months)
      Note: Read the entire Wiki guide to review TESU equivalency course list & links for CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com/TECEP

Comment

Thank you for posting this!! I have a test scheduled tomorrow and I have to drive 1.5 hours round trip to the testing center. Thanks to your post, I just emailed the testing admin and asked for an update in the morning. Not sure the testing site will have anything to say.

As far as getting in touch with someone, I called and got this message: "Due to circumstances beyond our control, our office is now closed". Their website, getcollegecredit.com is not functioning either.

Comment

I sure would like to know what is going on. I purchased exams in the recent buy 2 get 1 free promo. They have $480 of my money and I have one exam so far. WTH? Is this the first time this has happened?

Comment

According to whois.com, prometric.com owns getcollegecredit.com. The link to the DSST portion of the Prometric site is down, too, and theire online "Chat" option seems to be down as well. However, the rest of the Prometric site seems to be functioning. I tried to find a number to call Prometric directly but they don't have a direct contact number on their site, that I can see. I did however, find getcollegecredit.com's contact page is in my cache so I found an email address for them.

I'm emailing them immediately after typing this post. I hope their email is functioning, despite their site being completely down and they'll answer soon. When, and if, they do. I will update you all.

Comment

Their site is up, but it says 7/17/17 - The DSST Testing site is unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. I wonder if they got hacked or something? I hate when companies don't give you any info, this is so not helpful. How about when you anticipate being available again? Or a little more detail so we don't think you're closing for good?
              WVNCC - A.A.S. - 5/2017
              TESU BSBA in HR
              (in progress) - 112cr, only 3 more classes to go...
              GGU Certificate in Management - 2000

TECEP - Technical Writing 84% (3cr), English Comp II 79% (3cr), Applied LibArts Math 90% (3cr), Public Relations 70% (3cr), Computers 75% (3cr)
              DSST - Intro to Computers/437 (3cr), Prin of Pers Finance/458 (3cr) - 2011 CLEP - Management/69 (3cr UL), Marketing/67 (3cr UL) - 2011

Ed4Credit - Accounting II 85% (3cr) Penn Foster - Financial Management 92% (3cr UL) ALEKS - Int Alg (3cr) - 2011, College Algebra (3cr) - 2015 Sophia - Project Management 85% (3cr UL) - 2015 Insurance Inst. of America - Ethics 72% (2cr) - 2015 Kaplan PLA (3cr) - 2015 Add'l ACE Credits (5cr UL) - 2000

Palomar College - Organizational Theory (3cr) - 2015 Mission College (36cr) - 92-98 Golden Gate Univ (12cr UL, 3cr LL) - 98-00 San Jose State Univ (12cr UL, 9cr LL) - 88-89

Comment

Originally posted by dfrecore View Post
                Their site is up, but it says 7/17/17 - The DSST Testing site is unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. I wonder if they got hacked or something? I hate when companies don't give you any info, this is so not helpful. How about when you anticipate being available again? Or a little more detail so we don't think you're closing for good?
                Thank you Dfrecore! Glad they finally put something online because we were very worried. I too was thinking they may have been hacked or acquired a network virus. I don't care if they take the time needed to resolve this as long as they let people know they're working on it (which they finally did).

If they're down more than a few days, they need to extend their September 30th deadline to take the tests we bought when they had their recent buy 2 get 1 promo.

Comment

Looks like the DSST site is back online. I'm not taking any DSST exams for a day or two until they work through any problems they may be unaware of. This smells like anti-military cyber-terrorism.

Comment

Working...
                  X