Study.com proctoring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study.com proctoring

I was under the impression that a proctoring service has access to and can see exactly what you see on your screen. Is that not the case? Is it just a video of your face that they are looking at to make sure your eyes aren't wandering? Study.com uses Software Secure if that makes a difference.
    TESU BSBA GM - 120/120
    TEEX (4cr) - Cyber Security 101 - Cyber Security 301
    The Institutes (2cr) - Ethics
    ALEKS (12cr) - Intermediate Algebra - College Algebra - Stats - Precalculus
    Shmoop (9cr) - Euro His - US His I - US His II
    Study.com (78cr) - World Religions - Vietnam War - Civil War and Reconstruction - Civil War - American Gov - Personal Finance - Spanish 199 - Sociology - Computing 101 - Earth Science - Comp Info Systems - Public Speaking - Prin of Marketing - Digital Marketing - Labor Relations - HR Management - Prin of Management - Strat HR Management - Org Behavior - Prin of Finance - Macro - Micro - Business Communication - Globalization and International Management - English Comp I - English Comp II
    TESU (4cr) - Cornerstone - Strategic Management TECEP
    Straighterline (12cr) - Business Law - Accounting 101 - Accounting 102 - Accounting 201

Waiting for September graduation!

Originally posted by ndelcollo View Post
    I was under the impression that a proctoring service has access to and can see exactly what you see on your screen. Is that not the case? Is it just a video of your face that they are looking at to make sure your eyes aren't wandering? Study.com uses Software Secure if that makes a difference.
    I don't believe they can see whats on your screen. The one time I have done it so far I used a reflective surface to show them my screen. This way they didn't know I had post it notes or something on my screen. I believe they just see you and if you try to access other programs.
    Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting: 120/120
    FINISHED: Graduation Date 9/15/2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
    CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
    Institutes: Ethics 312
    Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
    Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
    Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
    SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
    TECEP: Strategic Management (63), Federal Income Tax (76)

Comment

Working...
    X