Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study.com Human Resources 101 vs. Strategic Human Resources Management

Hey folks!

I need to take one of the above classes for my BSBA and I'm trying to figure out the difference between them. I looked at the Syllabus's of both, as well as the course breakdowns, and the Strategic seems to be more theory heavy, and the Intro seems to be more down to earth and practical.

As a person considering becoming an entrepreneur in the future, which class do you guys think would be more appropriate for a small business? They seem to both "hit the mark" in general, but the Intro class is half the size of the Strategic and doesn't have a project LOL!

I just want to make sure I don't miss anything practical if I choose the Intro class. Hope I was clear, it's super late here. Thanks for your thoughts!
    Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

If you are talking about this course - Human Resources 101: Intro to Human Resources Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com - This isn't ACE Recommended so don't take that one.
    You can take : Business 106: Human Resource Management Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com UL at TESU and no project. Comes in as MAN-331.
    Or
    You can take : Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com UL at TESU w/ project but comes in with a HRM-362 code. Not sure if that will effect your plan.
    Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting: 120/120
    FINISHED: Graduation Date 9/15/2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
    CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
    Institutes: Ethics 312
    Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
    Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
    Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
    SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
    TECEP: Strategic Management (63), Federal Income Tax (76)

Comment

Yes, make sure you're taking an ACE-recommended course.

First, I'm assuming that you're getting your degree through TESU? If so, then I personally would take the BUS 106: HRM course, since it's not project-based - all quizzes and the final. Easier and faster to complete. And since they're both UL courses (at TESU), it makes sense to do the one that's faster/easier.
      WVNCC - A.A.S. - 5/2017
      TESU BSBA in HR
      (in progress) - 112cr, only 3 more classes to go...
      GGU Certificate in Management - 2000

TECEP - Technical Writing 84% (3cr), English Comp II 79% (3cr), Applied LibArts Math 90% (3cr), Public Relations 70% (3cr), Computers 75% (3cr)
      DSST - Intro to Computers/437 (3cr), Prin of Pers Finance/458 (3cr) - 2011 CLEP - Management/69 (3cr UL), Marketing/67 (3cr UL) - 2011

Ed4Credit - Accounting II 85% (3cr) Penn Foster - Financial Management 92% (3cr UL) ALEKS - Int Alg (3cr) - 2011, College Algebra (3cr) - 2015 Sophia - Project Management 85% (3cr UL) - 2015 Insurance Inst. of America - Ethics 72% (2cr) - 2015 Kaplan PLA (3cr) - 2015 Add'l ACE Credits (5cr UL) - 2000

Palomar College - Organizational Theory (3cr) - 2015 Mission College (36cr) - 92-98 Golden Gate Univ (12cr UL, 3cr LL) - 98-00 San Jose State Univ (12cr UL, 9cr LL) - 88-89

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Synicaal!!! I thought the HR 101 looked different from the last time I was checking it out. Appreciate it!

Originally posted by Synicaal View Post
        If you are talking about this course - Human Resources 101: Intro to Human Resources Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com - This isn't ACE Recommended so don't take that one.
        You can take : Business 106: Human Resource Management Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com UL at TESU and no project. Comes in as MAN-331.
        Or
        You can take : Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management Course - Online Video Lessons | Study.com UL at TESU w/ project but comes in with a HRM-362 code. Not sure if that will effect your plan.
        Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

Comment

Yep, TESU BSBA Gen Management's the goal! Thanks!

Originally posted by dfrecore View Post
          Yes, make sure you're taking an ACE-recommended course.

First, I'm assuming that you're getting your degree through TESU? If so, then I personally would take the BUS 106: HRM course, since it's not project-based - all quizzes and the final. Easier and faster to complete. And since they're both UL courses (at TESU), it makes sense to do the one that's faster/easier.

Comment

GO with HRM 106 easy course, no project, final exam was easy.
            TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
            Computer Information Systems
            General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
            CIS AOS-
            TEEX- Bus for IT + IT Professional = 4 UL
            Study.com- Digital Marketing = 3 UL
            University- Hardware Support Esentials = 4 LL
            Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL
            SL- C++ Programming 4 LL
            CSU Global - System Analysis & Design = 3 UL

Gen Man AOS-
            Study.com- HRM, Digital Marketing,
            SL - Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Organzitional Behavior.
            DAU- Contact Administration, Defense Procurement Management

Comment

Thanks!!!!

Originally posted by Synicaal View Post
              Or

Comment

Working...
              X