Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEEX Cybersecurity for Everyone... Gen Ed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEEX Cybersecurity for Everyone... Gen Ed?

Not sure if I can change the thread title, but I meant to ask about TEEX Cybersecurity for Business Professionals. Will this TEEX course still count as a gen ed elective? Also, my TESU evaluation lists the need for 4 credits under the "Understanding the Physical & Natural World" section. I already have MIS for 3 credits. If I take another 3 credit course, can they apply 1 credit to that section and apply the additional 2 credits to my gen ed electives?

Just thinking of some inexpensive ways to fill a few gaps in my gen ed courses.
    Last edited by Btaylor89; 12-03-2016, 07:25 PM.
    CC: 9 Credits - Intro to Psych, English 1, Intro to Theatre
    CLEP: Principals of Marketing, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit (6 cr), English Comp
    DSST: MIS, Intro to Computing, Criminal Justice (6 cr)
    ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus, Intro to statistics
    Free courses: Kaplan PLA, The Institutes Ethics, TEEX Cybersecurity for Everyone, Sophia Developing Effective Teams
    Penn Foster: Strategic Business Management
    Study.com: Personal Finance, Financial Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Intro to Managerial Accounting, Applied Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance
    Saylor: Environmental Ethics
    SL: Financial Accounting (Intermediate I), Managerial Accounting (Cost), Business Law, American Government, Intro to Religion, Cultural Anthropology, Principles of Management, Macroeconomics

101/120 credits
    Goal: TESU BSBA-Accounting

The last I heard, it does come in as Gen Ed. They would put it under the science area, and then reduce the number of Gen Ed electives you needed (there's a range listed, and this is why).
    WVNCC - A.A.S. - 5/2017
    TESU BSBA in HR
    (in progress) - 112cr, only 3 more classes to go...
    GGU Certificate in Management - 2000

TECEP - Technical Writing 84% (3cr), English Comp II 79% (3cr), Applied LibArts Math 90% (3cr), Public Relations 70% (3cr), Computers 75% (3cr)
    DSST - Intro to Computers/437 (3cr), Prin of Pers Finance/458 (3cr) - 2011 CLEP - Management/69 (3cr UL), Marketing/67 (3cr UL) - 2011

Ed4Credit - Accounting II 85% (3cr) Penn Foster - Financial Management 92% (3cr UL) ALEKS - Int Alg (3cr) - 2011, College Algebra (3cr) - 2015 Sophia - Project Management 85% (3cr UL) - 2015 Insurance Inst. of America - Ethics 72% (2cr) - 2015 Kaplan PLA (3cr) - 2015 Add'l ACE Credits (5cr UL) - 2000

Palomar College - Organizational Theory (3cr) - 2015 Mission College (36cr) - 92-98 Golden Gate Univ (12cr UL, 3cr LL) - 98-00 San Jose State Univ (12cr UL, 9cr LL) - 88-89

Comment

Thanks! Super helpful!
      CC: 9 Credits - Intro to Psych, English 1, Intro to Theatre
      CLEP: Principals of Marketing, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit (6 cr), English Comp
      DSST: MIS, Intro to Computing, Criminal Justice (6 cr)
      ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus, Intro to statistics
      Free courses: Kaplan PLA, The Institutes Ethics, TEEX Cybersecurity for Everyone, Sophia Developing Effective Teams
      Penn Foster: Strategic Business Management
      Study.com: Personal Finance, Financial Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Intro to Managerial Accounting, Applied Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance
      Saylor: Environmental Ethics
      SL: Financial Accounting (Intermediate I), Managerial Accounting (Cost), Business Law, American Government, Intro to Religion, Cultural Anthropology, Principles of Management, Macroeconomics

101/120 credits
      Goal: TESU BSBA-Accounting

Comment

Working...
      X