Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Study.com's Business Math equivalent to SL's Business Statistics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Study.com's Business Math equivalent to SL's Business Statistics?

I really, really like the Study.com system over SL's system based off what I've done in both of them so far, so I was wondering if I could switch out the above Straighterline course for the Study.com Business Math course if I end up deciding to go that route.
    87/121 credits towards a BSBA General Management degree from TESU.

For TESU, SL Business Statistics counts as STA-201. Study.com's Business Math counts as BUS-161 Business Math. It does not replace stats.
    However, Study.com has a class listed under the Math section called Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics which counts as TESU STA-201 : Principles of Statistics. It is the one you would need to sign up for if you decide to switch.
    BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
    83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Comment

They're not equivalent at all - but if your degree doesn't require Stats specifically, you could probably do Business Math instead for your Quantitative Lit requirement. Of course, there are much easier math courses you can take instead, so I'm not sure if I'd recommend that path to someone.
      WVNCC - A.A.S. - 5/2017
      TESU BSBA in HR
      (in progress) - 112cr, only 3 more classes to go...
      GGU Certificate in Management - 2000

TECEP - Technical Writing 84% (3cr), English Comp II 79% (3cr), Applied LibArts Math 90% (3cr), Public Relations 70% (3cr), Computers 75% (3cr)
      DSST - Intro to Computers/437 (3cr), Prin of Pers Finance/458 (3cr) - 2011 CLEP - Management/69 (3cr UL), Marketing/67 (3cr UL) - 2011

Ed4Credit - Accounting II 85% (3cr) Penn Foster - Financial Management 92% (3cr UL) ALEKS - Int Alg (3cr) - 2011, College Algebra (3cr) - 2015 Sophia - Project Management 85% (3cr UL) - 2015 Insurance Inst. of America - Ethics 72% (2cr) - 2015 Kaplan PLA (3cr) - 2015 Add'l ACE Credits (5cr UL) - 2000

Palomar College - Organizational Theory (3cr) - 2015 Mission College (36cr) - 92-98 Golden Gate Univ (12cr UL, 3cr LL) - 98-00 San Jose State Univ (12cr UL, 9cr LL) - 88-89

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        I really, really like the Study.com system over SL's system based off what I've done in both of them so far, so I was wondering if I could switch out the above Straighterline course for the Study.com Business Math course if I end up deciding to go that route.
        You can do Stats from ALEKS if you complete it within the next few weeks, its only $20 and shouldn't take to long to complete. Not sure what degree you are looking at getting but Stats is most likely required and then another math class would def fall somewhere.
        Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting: 120/120
        FINISHED: Graduation Date 9/15/2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
        CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
        Institutes: Ethics 312
        Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
        Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
        Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
        SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
        TECEP: Strategic Management (63), Federal Income Tax (76)

Comment

Originally posted by Synicaal View Post
          You can do Stats from ALEKS if you complete it within the next few weeks, its only $20 and shouldn't take to long to complete. Not sure what degree you are looking at getting but Stats is most likely required and then another math class would def fall somewhere.
          I've already completed ALEKS Satistics, and it is listed as a separate thing from Business Satistics on my degree plan, so as KayV said it looks like they aren't equivalent.

Comment

What school and what degree are you pursuing?

I'm not aware of any TESU degree plan that requires a "business stats" as opposed to "stats" class in general, and TESu treats almost all stats courses the same (Saylor being the exception)
            Working on: BS IT-Sec, WGU (79/123 CUs complete)

BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State, 2016
            AA Sociology, community college, 2015
            Linux+, LPIC-1 Linux Admin, Security+, Network+, A+, and CIW Site Development Associate certified
            BA completed using community college, Competency-Based Education (via Patten University - would not recommend), Study.com, Coopersmith Career Consulting (via Tor College Credits), TESU courses, and a handful of free ACE-recommended credits. See my full BA path here! BS being completed by Competency-Based Education (via WGU - would recommend!)

Check out DegreeForum's Community-Supported Wiki!

Comment

Originally posted by jsd View Post
              What school and what degree are you pursuing?

I'm not aware of any TESU degree plan that requires a "business stats" as opposed to "stats" class in general, and TESu treats almost all stats courses the same (Saylor being the exception)
              TESU. I'm aiming to get a BA in General Management.

Comment

ALEKS stats will satisfy the TESU bsba stats requirement. They only require a normal stats class as part of your gen Ed.

you should request they move it.
                Working on: BS IT-Sec, WGU (79/123 CUs complete)

BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State, 2016
                AA Sociology, community college, 2015
                Linux+, LPIC-1 Linux Admin, Security+, Network+, A+, and CIW Site Development Associate certified
                BA completed using community college, Competency-Based Education (via Patten University - would not recommend), Study.com, Coopersmith Career Consulting (via Tor College Credits), TESU courses, and a handful of free ACE-recommended credits. See my full BA path here! BS being completed by Competency-Based Education (via WGU - would recommend!)

Check out DegreeForum's Community-Supported Wiki!

Comment

Working...
                X