Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study.com course how it works?

Hi.
    So I got the guardian scholarship to study.com. I'm working on the personal finance course first, because I can't move on until that's taken care of. It has 87 lessons and 87 lesson quizzes. Do I have to do every quiz? Or can I just take the final and move on?
    94/138 TESU BSBA Computer Information Systems & Accounting 'December Graduation Goal'

CLEP
    College Composition (57), Introductory Sociology (54), Introductory Psychology (56), College Algebra (70), Principles of Macroeconomics (54), Analyze and Interpret Literature (53), Precalculus (69), Principles of Microeconomics (53), Calculus (68), Principles of Management (56), Principles of Marketing (60), College Mathematics (65)

DSST
    Principles of Statistics (444), Personal Finance (400), Introduction to Computing (435), Intro to Business (437), Principles of Superivsion (447)

STUDY
    Business 113, Accounting 102, Political Science 102, Business 309, Communications 101 (awaiting ace approval)

TEEX
    Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301

SAYLOR
    Environmental Ethics, Business Statistics

INSTITUTES
    Ethics 312

ALEKS
    Intermediate Algebra

SOPHIA
    Soph 0021

Currently Attempting
    DSST (MIS), Study.com Upper Level Accounting, SL IT Fundamentals/Cost Accounting/INT ACCT I

Oh and also.. Does the final exam have to be 70% or more? Or does the final grade have to be 70% or more?

Thank you.
    94/138 TESU BSBA Computer Information Systems & Accounting 'December Graduation Goal'

CLEP
    College Composition (57), Introductory Sociology (54), Introductory Psychology (56), College Algebra (70), Principles of Macroeconomics (54), Analyze and Interpret Literature (53), Precalculus (69), Principles of Microeconomics (53), Calculus (68), Principles of Management (56), Principles of Marketing (60), College Mathematics (65)

DSST
    Principles of Statistics (444), Personal Finance (400), Introduction to Computing (435), Intro to Business (437), Principles of Superivsion (447)

STUDY
    Business 113, Accounting 102, Political Science 102, Business 309, Communications 101 (awaiting ace approval)

TEEX

SAYLOR

INSTITUTES
    Ethics 312

ALEKS
    Intermediate Algebra

SOPHIA
    Soph 0021

Currently Attempting
    DSST (MIS), Study.com Upper Level Accounting, SL IT Fundamentals/Cost Accounting/INT ACCT I

Comment

You do have to take all of the quizzes, they count towards your final grade, so I would make sure to get 100% on all the quizzes. You need to get 70% for the course. For Personal Finance, if you complete all the quizzes with 100% then you only need a 55 On the final exam to pass.

Some courses have assignments or projects, so your final exam score needs will vary depending on how many points those courses require.
      TESU BSBA GM
      Started: Nov 2016
      Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
      120/120 -- FINISHED

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
      ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
      The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
      TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for ITㅣCybersecurity for Business
      Saylor: (21) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political PhilosophyㅣMicroeconomics
      Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnviro Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
      DAVAR: (21) CIS 101ㅣCIS 315ㅣSCI 103ㅣSCI 102ㅣMAN 390ㅣAmerican GovㅣACC 301
      TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421

Comment

Awesome! Thank you so much.

CLEP

DSST

STUDY

TEEX

SAYLOR

INSTITUTES
        Ethics 312

ALEKS
        Intermediate Algebra

SOPHIA
        Soph 0021

Currently Attempting

Comment

Originally posted by strawberryxfuzz View Post
          You do have to take all of the quizzes, they count towards your final grade, so I would make sure to get 100% on all the quizzes. You need to get 70% for the course. For Personal Finance, if you complete all the quizzes with 100% then you only need a 55 On the final exam to pass.

Some courses have assignments or projects, so your final exam score needs will vary depending on how many points those courses require.
          After taking 6 courses from Study. I would argue against this. Getting 100 on all exams can drag on. Getting a mix of 80% and 100% on the quizzes and taking the final exam afterwards, and determining if you need to go back and redo quizzes worked best for me.

Example: Penguin class required 100 quizzes at 5 question each 100 x 5 = 500 (overall points for quizzes) I know that 40 of the quizzes I got 4-5 (80%), so I take away 40 from 500 = 460; that is 92% for overall total of quizzes. 92/100. Itook the exam and scored 60% giving me 60/100 = 92(quiz total)+ 60(final exam) = 152, so now 100 points overall for quizzes and final exam = 152/ 200 gives me 76%.

Add a project in there and it can be even less.

(If I butchered that Math call me out please, but that is how I went about it.)

A lot of the classes I breezed through 50+ exams in a night doing this method vs spending all that time trying to get 100% on each and every exam. Which I did for my earlier courses. After taking a few finals and realizing that I was doing above 70% on the finals I stopped caring about getting 100% on everything.

If I am confident that I know the material I do not bother with the videos or reading the lesson material.

I wish they would implement that you could go straight to test if you can achieve 80% you can automatically get credit for the class. Towards the last couple of classes doing the quizzes got so draining. Especially when you think back and you have done hundreds and hundreds of quizzes.
          Last edited by yb1; 12-25-2016, 10:17 PM.
          TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
          Computer Information Systems
          General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
          CIS AOS-
          TEEX- Bus for IT + IT Professional = 4 UL
          Study.com- Digital Marketing = 3 UL
          University- Hardware Support Esentials = 4 LL
          Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL
          SL- C++ Programming 4 LL
          CSU Global - System Analysis & Design = 3 UL

Gen Man AOS-
          Study.com- HRM, Digital Marketing,
          SL - Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Organzitional Behavior.
          DAU- Contact Administration, Defense Procurement Management

Comment

Makes sense. Thank you.

CLEP

DSST

STUDY

TEEX

SAYLOR

INSTITUTES
            Ethics 312

ALEKS
            Intermediate Algebra

SOPHIA
            Soph 0021

Currently Attempting

Comment

Wait... After finishing the final, you can go back to the quizzes to pad your score if you haven't already hit 100% on the quizzes?
              Working on: BS IT-Sec, WGU (79/123 CUs complete)

BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State, 2016
              AA Sociology, community college, 2015
              Linux+, LPIC-1 Linux Admin, Security+, Network+, A+, and CIW Site Development Associate certified
              BA completed using community college, Competency-Based Education (via Patten University - would not recommend), Study.com, Coopersmith Career Consulting (via Tor College Credits), TESU courses, and a handful of free ACE-recommended credits. See my full BA path here! BS being completed by Competency-Based Education (via WGU - would recommend!)

Check out DegreeForum's Community-Supported Wiki!

Comment

I agree that taking all of the quizzes is extremely draining, especially for the longer ones.

I just do it as a precaution. I took Principles of Finance last night, scored in the 90's for both practice exams I took but ended up getting exactly 55 questions right on the final. The real final seemed to be more difficult x__x
                TESU BSBA GM
                Started: Nov 2016
                Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
                120/120 -- FINISHED

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
                ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
                The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
                TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for ITㅣCybersecurity for Business
                Saylor: (21) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political PhilosophyㅣMicroeconomics
                Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnviro Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
                DAVAR: (21) CIS 101ㅣCIS 315ㅣSCI 103ㅣSCI 102ㅣMAN 390ㅣAmerican GovㅣACC 301
                TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421

Comment

Originally posted by jsd View Post
                  Wait... After finishing the final, you can go back to the quizzes to pad your score if you haven't already hit 100% on the quizzes?
                  You are able to resubmit for the projects after taking the final, so I guess you can for the quizzes also? I just do 100% every time because you have to get 80% to pass the quiz so I just "ctrl F" the main term in the question I missed and find the answer quickly. It takes an extra minute or two tops. Also, it really bothers me if I see 4/5 on some of the quizzes in my dashboard for the course. Lame...I know.
                  TESU BSBA GM - 120/120
                  TEEX (4cr) - Cyber Security 101 - Cyber Security 301
                  The Institutes (2cr) - Ethics
                  ALEKS (12cr) - Intermediate Algebra - College Algebra - Stats - Precalculus
                  Shmoop (9cr) - Euro His - US His I - US His II
                  Study.com (78cr) - World Religions - Vietnam War - Civil War and Reconstruction - Civil War - American Gov - Personal Finance - Spanish 199 - Sociology - Computing 101 - Earth Science - Comp Info Systems - Public Speaking - Prin of Marketing - Digital Marketing - Labor Relations - HR Management - Prin of Management - Strat HR Management - Org Behavior - Prin of Finance - Macro - Micro - Business Communication - Globalization and International Management - English Comp I - English Comp II
                  TESU (4cr) - Cornerstone - Strategic Management TECEP
                  Straighterline (12cr) - Business Law - Accounting 101 - Accounting 102 - Accounting 201

Waiting for September graduation!

Comment

Originally posted by strawberryxfuzz View Post
                    I agree that taking all of the quizzes is extremely draining, especially for the longer ones.

I just do it as a precaution. I took Principles of Finance last night, scored in the 90's for both practice exams I took but ended up getting exactly 55 questions right on the final. The real final seemed to be more difficult x__x
                    You're not the first person I know of who has had trouble with that course.
                    TESU BSBA GM - 120/120
                    TEEX (4cr) - Cyber Security 101 - Cyber Security 301
                    The Institutes (2cr) - Ethics
                    ALEKS (12cr) - Intermediate Algebra - College Algebra - Stats - Precalculus
                    Shmoop (9cr) - Euro His - US His I - US His II
                    Study.com (78cr) - World Religions - Vietnam War - Civil War and Reconstruction - Civil War - American Gov - Personal Finance - Spanish 199 - Sociology - Computing 101 - Earth Science - Comp Info Systems - Public Speaking - Prin of Marketing - Digital Marketing - Labor Relations - HR Management - Prin of Management - Strat HR Management - Org Behavior - Prin of Finance - Macro - Micro - Business Communication - Globalization and International Management - English Comp I - English Comp II
                    TESU (4cr) - Cornerstone - Strategic Management TECEP
                    Straighterline (12cr) - Business Law - Accounting 101 - Accounting 102 - Accounting 201

Waiting for September graduation!

Comment

I finished personal finance earlier this month. Working on accounting 101 now. I would say its simple enough to correct your scores for the quizzes. Most show the correct answer you have taken the quiz, so just retake it, and select the correct answers. Plus its better review for the final. It also seems to me (and Ive read a few others agree) that the final exam is harder in most instances than the practice exam. Also, it seems that the final exam is more like a combination of the chapter exams, than a redone version of the practice exam. So I would look over a chapter exam if you feel weak on that particular section.

Also, depending on your degree needs and how your planning on using the other 5 exams, this information may relevant:
                      It seems that courses that are related sometimes have the same material, and as long as you have completed the lesson from 1 it will show up on the other.
                      For instance I have 75% through with accounting 101, which completed around 30% of accounting 303 and around 12% of managerial accounting, just because those courses shares some lessons with 101. This is another reason why it may be beneficial to score well on exams, because it may affect another class later.

^^^ does anyone happen to have what all courses this applies to/percentages of shared lessons among courses?
                      Current WGU B.S accounting 14/121

Comment

Working...
                      X