Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study.Com Questions!

Good Day Mates,

I'm Enrolling Into Study.Com Sometime This Week To Take A Finance Course And A Marketing Course. The Reason Why I Want To Take These Courses At Study.Com Is Because I'm In A Hurry To Gather These Credits.

Can Someone Who Has Experience With Study.Com Tell Me How Long It Normally Takes To Complete A Course At Study.Com And Any Tips On How To Do Well In The Courses.

I Have Very Little Online Learning As I Have Only Used Aleks (Because Of The People Here) And Was Able To Finish A Math Course In Two Days.

Good Stuff Here Mates. Cheers! Any Help Will Help Me!

It depends on how many hours you have. If you already know the subject, you can do Study.com in 1 day. Without prior knowledge, some people can do it in 2-3 days, but others can't. It would depend on how hard the subject is for them and if they get too tired. I get pretty tired after about 4-6 hours of the same subject in one day.
    Working on: Taking Strategic Management TECEP July 21 or 22nd. Enrolling in Fall courses. Calculus? C++?

"My Journey" thread here for BSBA (Finance + Marketing) and ASNSM (Comp Sci + Bio). After that, a quick cheap Masters (probably MPA).

Comment

Study.com has about 110-130 quizzes for most courses. If you do well on the quizzes, you only need about a 56% on the final exam. The quizzes give you 3 tries each and they are "open book", so it's possible to get 100% on the quizzes. Actually you can retake more times, but only the first 3 tries count toward your score.
      Working on: Taking Strategic Management TECEP July 21 or 22nd. Enrolling in Fall courses. Calculus? C++?

"My Journey" thread here for BSBA (Finance + Marketing) and ASNSM (Comp Sci + Bio). After that, a quick cheap Masters (probably MPA).

Comment

Does the finals have the same question as the quizzes?¬*
        Planned to get as much general credits before enrolling for TESU BSBA General Management
        Started July 1st 2017
        Avg hours: 8-12 hrs+/day

Plan:

ALEKS
        Beginning Algebra:Score 70% sent to ACE Approved
        Intermediate Algebra: Score 71% sent to ACE Approved
        Precalculus: Score 71% sent to ACE Approved
        College Algebra: Score 79% sent to to ACE Approved
        Introduction to Statistics: Score 78% send to ACE Approved

Other Free Credit Sources
        The Institutes Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct:Score 70% sent to ACE Approved

Straighterline.com

*Completed*
        Soon!

*Working on Completion of progress*
        Introduction to Nutrition
        Introduction to Sociology
        Introduction to Criminal Justice
        Cultural Anthropology
        American Government
        Introduction to Religion
        Business Law
        Macroeconomics
        Microeconomics
        Organizational Behavior
        Managerial Accounting
        Principles of Management

*Purchased*

Comment

Originally posted by BearEDU View Post
          Does the finals have the same question as the quizzes?¬*
          I have seen a few, but mostly no.

Comment

Sigh my fears slowly growing lol. If you fail a course in study.com wha happens?¬*
            Planned to get as much general credits before enrolling for TESU BSBA General Management
            Started July 1st 2017

Plan:

ALEKS

The Institutes Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct:Score 70% sent to ACE Approved

Straighterline.com

*Completed*
            Soon!

Cultural Anthropology
            American Government
            Introduction to Religion
            Business Law
            Macroeconomics
            Microeconomics
            Organizational Behavior
            Managerial Accounting
            Principles of Management

*Purchased*

Comment

Sigh my fears slowly growing lol. If you fail a course in study.com wha happens?¬*
              Nothing happens. You just have no college credit. You can retake the exam 3 or more days later, if you pay again.

Comment

Do they avg the two scores? How much does it cost for the retake? Sorry just trying to figure out my fears¬*
                Last edited by BearEDU; 07-17-2017, 12:41 PM.
                Started July 1st 2017

Plan:

ALEKS

Straighterline.com

*Completed*
                Soon!

Cultural Anthropology
                American Government
                Introduction to Religion
                Business Law
                Macroeconomics
                Microeconomics
                Organizational Behavior
                Managerial Accounting
                Principles of Management

*Purchased*

Comment

You pay $199/month for 2 exams, if you fail, you can take the exam again. All other subsequent exams are $70 each.
                  People don't intend on failing, and it's not that hard, you just need a 55% on the final. Make sure to ACE the quizzes.

Most courses are 100 points for quiz (33.3%) and 200 points for final (66.6%), so, just try to get 100% on those quizzes.
                  A few have assignments/discussions, 33.3% of grade, quiz 33.3%, and the final 33.3%. These are "SL easy" in my view.
                  TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA General Management (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)

2017 BSBA General Management Spreadsheet (using mainly SL/Study.com)
                  DegreeForum's Community-Supported Wiki

1. The Basic Approach - Online Education Guide
                  2. Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit
                  3. How/When To Start? Start Now For Cheap!
                  4. Several Sources Of Cheap Credit
                  5. The Spreadsheet - Track Your Progress - Reference Tool
                  6. The ABCs - A, CBD, E, F, G - Accreditation, Competency Based Degree, Evaluation, Fees, GPA
                  7. Overwhelmed - Too Long Didn't Read - Just Help Me Please, Step By Step!

Sources of Credit - Davar, Saylor, Straighterline.com, Study.com and Alternatives
                  FREE Sources of Credit (used for free electives)

View my profile "About Me" for Quick info on TESU BALS/BSBA Bachelors Degree in 1200 hours (120 days or 4 months)
                  Note: Read the entire Wiki guide to review TESU equivalency course list & links for CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com/TECEP

Comment

Originally posted by Ideas View Post

I have seen a few, but mostly no.
                    The questions are similar though. If you did well on the quizzes, the wording won't be the same, but you'll recognize the concepts and more often than not be able to work out the correct answer. The practice final will not have the same questions either, but it feels like the final. My best tip is take the practice final a few times, because it tells you which topics you didn't do well on.Then, once you know which areas you need to brush up, go to the flashcard chapters at the end of the course. Review all of them at least a couple of times, but spend the most time on the areas that the practice final identified for you. Your experience might vary, but two courses in so far for me, and the flashcards will help you pass the exam.

Comment

My son has taken 13 Study.com classes since march. 2 - 3 a month, but that was while he was also taking other classes. He spent 1.5 to 2 hours a day on them. Make sure you get most of the points on the quizzes and you should be fine. He failed one and re-took it 4 days later and passed(It was recently. I think he was getting burned out.) Play the videos at 1.5x speed. He always took the pre-test once and almost always averaged 5-10 points lower on the final.

Comment

Do they avg the two scores? How much does it cost for the retake? Sorry just trying to figure out my fears¬*
                        No the scores are separate. After you do all the quizzes, you can do practice chapter exams or the main practice exam to feel more confident. Be sure to take the courses that only need about 56% and that's pretty easy to get. You know with multiple choice, you get some right just by guessing, especially if you eliminate one or two choices.

Comment

I'm starting a few study courses here today. Keep the feedback coming...

Comment

yep keep the feedback up =) i have ~5-6 study courses i have to take. So thats 3 months time. Im still working on SL but Study.com seems like the next step of it slowly getting harder.
                            Started July 1st 2017

Plan:

ALEKS

Straighterline.com

*Completed*
                            Soon!

Cultural Anthropology
                            American Government
                            Introduction to Religion
                            Business Law
                            Macroeconomics