Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All Sophia Courses Free as of today - 3-19-20!
Hello everyone!

I completing a Sophia course today and selected another one.  To my surprise, I found a radio button that said, "Take this course for free".  I completed the course and decided to see if any others were free, other than the usual 1-credit courses most of us are familiar with.

To my surprise, all the courses came up as "Free"!  I have seen no official announcement, but I can only assume this is a promotion related to the coronavirus pandemic and the closing of traditional colleges and universities.  However, I'm in no mood to look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth.

Enjoy!

Attached Files
.jpg   3-19-20 - Free Sophia Courses.jpg (Size: 130.37 KB / Downloads: 126)
[-] The following 9 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • cwendy111, harrypotter, hsfamfun, jinsoo, jsd, Michelle779, MNomadic, Muldoon, quigongene
I saw that a few minutes ago. It says this on main page "If your university, school, or workplace education program has been affected by COVID-19, Sophia is here to help. We're offering free access to our ACE-recommended courses for college credit until July 31, 2020."
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • cwendy111
Haha, I am third to post this, I was beat by two newer members!
OMG, what has the world come to! Go get them while you can!!
Big thank you Sophia.org for allowing/offering this promo...

BTW, I noticed Study.com is giving away 100,000 licenses to schools affected.
Get your schools into that program asap if you want to use Study.com for UL courses!
If you log onto Study.com, it's on their front page.

StraighterLine also has a COVID-19, but didn't indicate anything except to email/notify them.
Hopefully they give a month or two membership and/or a couple of free courses!
Come on StraighterLine, let the giving begin!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, ctcarl, cwendy111
Big thanks to you, BJ, and no mistake...I'd never have heard of Sophia if not for you.

Now excuse me while I plunge into the all-you-can-eat online buffet!
[-] The following 2 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • cwendy111, hlg38
Biggest sophia promo ever!
this is an amazing deal. hard to believe it's real
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Thank you, Sophia!!
YEEESSSSS!! Thank you Sophia!
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

Has anyone tried it out yet? When I do not sign in the course is free but when I click on the course and it asks me to sign in the course asks me to pay. Is this a glitch?
maxxor6868 Wrote:Has anyone tried it out yet? When I do not sign in the course is free but when I click on the course and it asks me to sign in the course asks me to pay. Is this a glitch?

Yes it's made for the generic account only, this FREE set of courses are only for non affiliated schools, you have to be on the Generic Sophia logon. If you are affiliated with say TESU or Excelsior or COSC, whatever school, just use the online chat or email and ask them to change you back to the Generic account instead of a specific school account. Note: It doesn't matter what school you are using now, you can change it back if need be.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • maxxor6868

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 441 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 894 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 684 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,196 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 119 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 510 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,446 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 749 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,001 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 262 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM