Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grad School
Hey Folks, just wanted to run this post by everyone to get some feedback. I will have completed my BSBA at TESC by April, and I'm looking forward to plans for a Masters program. I am considering both an MBA and Masters programs in other disciplines, based on all of the relevant factors.

To this point, I have made cursory reviews of the TESC program (36 credits), the MSM program at Mountain State University (16 months 36 credits, and have requested information from Rowan for their online Masters program (I live in NJ, so the in-state tuition seems reasonable. I have also briefly reviewed the Excelsior program, but it seems that their program is 48 credits, without having any discernable advantage in cost or program duration. I also looked at U of Illinois Springfield, and though they have a very highly rated program at a reasonable cost, they do not offer a management oriented MS online.

I'm pretty open to suggestion, but here is my situation. I currently have a 3.6/4.0, but have not taken the GMAT. I need an online program, and cost and duration to complete will be included in the decision-making process. My BSBA will be comprised of 20 B & M, 42 TESC graded class, and 60 CLEP/DSST/TECEP.

Thanks, and continued success to everyone.
Look at the websites of colleges that you are interested in and see what their requirements for admission are. I've found that some universities don't require testing and merely require a decent GPA.

Once you know what the GMAT score requirement is, go ahead and take a practice test to see how you rank. Given that you've been busy with the BSBA, I'd like to think that you would score fairly well. There are several places to take practice tests online. You can get free testing software from MBA.com and a static test from GMAT Test Practice Questions - Help your GMAT Exam Score with free GMAT Test Preparation.

I'm studying for the GMAT as well and will be taking it 2/27/09. The college that I'd like to go to requires a 550 and it's my goal to clear that with plenty of room to spare. Good luck and keep on going!
I have looked into Indiana Weslyan University. They have a fully online program that does not require a GMAT.
I'm looking at Marylhurst, a 120+ year-old Catholic (open to all faiths, no religion required) University just south of Portland, OR. You can do an MBA traditional, weekends only, an accelerated 18 mo/48 quarter hour online program, or even do a hybrid of all three (I believe). I like the fact they are B&M, highly accredited (both RA and business school) and well respected here in the NW/Seattle. The best part for me is the way they do their online program classes. Quarters are divided into 2 / 5-week segments, 1 class per segment, 6 straight quarters. Tuition is $455 per credit(QTR) and they will take up to 9 (quarter) Grad school transfer credits, so as I finish my last few credits, I will take advantage of TESC early entry MSM so my last few undergrad credits count toward grad school as well. I HAVE NOT YET had this approved for my EXACT situation yet, but it looks pretty clearly doable.

I hope this helps. Greg
I forgot to mention 3.0 and 450 GMAT, waived if 5 full-time years of business/admin work experience.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying to PA school ashtonnewman 18 4,021 08-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,452 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,725 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Tesu..finish a degree ad grad school Sb2013 11 3,333 05-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Last Post: SDO
  Need Help - School that awards 60 credit general Asscociate Degree Synicaal 9 2,503 02-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  Post Grad employment stories kitkat 18 4,748 02-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  Which school accepts FEMA? collegechick 13 9,212 02-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Delay to June Grad.: Any Danger? eriehiker 2 1,351 01-16-2018, 11:49 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Early grad fee? Ideas 2 1,062 01-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  How many donate to their school as alumni? Life Long Learning 7 2,273 11-11-2017, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Ideas