Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home stretch on Psych degree
Hello,

I need 6 upper level credits from Excelsior to complete my psych degree. I have met all the Psychology requirements and need 2 reasonable exams to take. I would appreciate it if anyone could comment on which exams might be most do-able based on personal experience.

Thanks in advance!

Here is the list of ECE exam possibilities:

Bioethics: Philosophical Issues (413)
Cultural Diversity (545)
Ethics: Theory & Practice (484)
Juvenile Delinquency (411)
Pathophysiology (584)
Religions Of The World (509)
World Conflicts Since 1900 (512)
Human Resource Management (486)
Labor Relations (538)
I don't know what EC will give you but TESC Gave me credit for HIS-351 for History of the vietnam war. I have not seen many people take this test. PBS has a series on Video that you can watch, I used a book based on the series and the spark notes along with the Rudman Test prep and passed. That and Intro to world Religions are the only Upper credit ones I have taken
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I took Ethics, HRM, and Organizational Behavior (which I didn't see on your list but assumably would also work). I consider them all doable--particularly if you just need a pass. There are free notes out there for some of these from myself and others--including the Cultural Diversity exam. I scored lowest on Ethics--and also studied least for it--but was awarded an "A" for my low score. I scored higher on HRM and Organizational Behavior but was awarded a "B" for my efforts on both. You can click on the exam titles in my signature below if you are interested in more detailed impressions.

kms1 Wrote:Hello,

I need 6 upper level credits from Excelsior to complete my psych degree. I have met all the Psychology requirements and need 2 reasonable exams to take. I would appreciate it if anyone could comment on which exams might be most do-able based on personal experience.

Thanks in advance!

Here is the list of ECE exam possibilities:

Bioethics: Philosophical Issues (413)
Cultural Diversity (545)
Ethics: Theory & Practice (484)
Juvenile Delinquency (411)
Pathophysiology (584)
Religions Of The World (509)
World Conflicts Since 1900 (512)
Human Resource Management (486)
Labor Relations (538)
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
Ethics is not too bad, but be careful that it doesn't duplicate credits you already have. If you don't already have Ethics credit, I'm surprised that Excelsior isn't requiring it from you. The only other two on that list that I have taken are Human Resource Management and Labor Relations. I didn't think either one was particularly hard, but the grading curve is pretty steep, and I ended up with Bs on both of them.

Take a look at your Excelsior Student Guide and Assessment Catalog and note that several DSST exams also provide upper-level credit. I took Civil War and Reconstruction and rather enjoyed it. The IC flash cards are very good prep for that one. Drug and Alcohol Abuse is also upper level, but you may already have that covered. Check out the catalog, though -- DSSTs are definitely cheaper than ECEs, and I've generally found them easier too.

-Gary-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 586 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 267 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 612 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,738 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 499 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 284 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 851 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,236 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,831 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74