Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCCRS credits questions
Perhaps these are stupid questions but I don't know.
How do you easily keep up with NCCRS credits?
If a school won't accept NCCRS credits, is there a way to somehow manage to have them converted to regular credits or something? Not sure how to exactly ask that.
If the school you are trying to transfer them to doesn't accept NCCRS, you're out of luck. You should definitely check before you attempt them.

If you've already taken NCCRS evaluated courses/exams, you can either count it as a loss or change your plan and go to a school that will accept them (the Big 3 all do).

NCCRS also recommends this, but honestly I doubt they'd be able to do much convincing. Worth a shot though:

Quote:What if a college isn't familiar with NCCRS?

A college often asks for more information when it is not familiar with NCCRS or the college credit recommendation service. If questions arise, you should contact NCCRS directly. NCCRS will contact the college directly to explain NCCRS’s college credit recommendation procedures.  You may also suggest that the college official visit the NCCRS website. Use this form to request NCCRS assistance. 
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Not sure how you mean "easily keep up with" NCCRS credits. They have a website, and you can look up course providers on there, and it will list all of their courses. So, you could look up Study.com on their website, and there is a list of every course they have that is NCCRS approved. Now, some of their courses are ACE-approved only (so won't be on that list) and some of their courses are both NCCRS and ACE approved, so will be on both lists.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I mean how do you keep up with ones you have taken. ACE credits you can easily tract by adding them to your ACE transcript. NCCRS doesn't have that ability that I have seen. You take them and it's sent to your school.
Do you just keep them written down? Or is there an easy way to keep up with? How do you deal with them at different places?
Scenario of what I mean. Say current school accepts all my NCCRS credits. I transfer to a different school, or start working on different degree at different school. They want transcripts from everywhere. Do I go back to each individual place and ask to transfer them to the new school?
Like I said, maybe a stupid question but I don't know.
Yes, it's the same as regular college credits where you have to send a transcript from each school. And yes, that can sometimes be a big pain if you have credits from lots of different places. I remember one poster complaining because they had 10 or so different colleges they had to send transcripts from.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-22-2018, 01:28 PM)xjarhead1999 Wrote: I mean how do you keep up with ones you have taken. ACE credits you can easily tract by adding them to your ACE transcript. NCCRS doesn't have that ability that I have seen. You take them and it's sent to your school.
Do you just keep them written down? Or is there an easy way to keep up with? How do you deal with them at different places?
Scenario of what I mean. Say current school accepts all my NCCRS credits. I transfer to a different school, or start working on different degree at different school. They want transcripts from everywhere. Do I go back to each individual place and ask to transfer them to the new school?

Yes, I would keep track of all of my different NCCRS transcripts (one per course provider) on a spreadsheet somewhere.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-22-2018, 03:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 01:28 PM)xjarhead1999 Wrote: I mean how do you keep up with ones you have taken. ACE credits you can easily tract by adding them to your ACE transcript. NCCRS doesn't have that ability that I have seen. You take them and it's sent to your school.

Yes, I would keep track of all of my different NCCRS transcripts (one per course provider) on a spreadsheet somewhere.

@dfrecore - Can't we just sent all the info to you and you keep it on a spreadsheet for us? Then if you could post it publicly so we can all see what each other has taken as a forum bonding experience?  (of course I'm totally kidding Big Grin ). You're our awesome Oprah of spreadsheets, tossing them into the audience like a Frisbee..."And you get a degree plan, and you get a degree plan, and you do too!"
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 5 users Like allvia's post:
  • badooble, cookderosa, Muldoon, mvk, rachel83az
(03-22-2018, 03:44 PM)allvia Wrote: @dfrecore - Can't we just sent all the info to you and you keep it on a spreadsheet for us? Then if you could post it publicly so we can all see what each other has taken as a forum bonding experience?  (of course I'm totally kidding Big Grin ). You're our awesome Oprah of spreadsheets, tossing them into the audience like a Frisbee..."And you get a degree plan, and you get a degree plan, and you do too!"

Tongue

Any time something comes up, my husband says "I suppose you have a spreadsheet for this?"  Usually, it's a yes, but not always!  Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • allvia, Muldoon, quigongene, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 177 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,195 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,529 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,769 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,649 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77