Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYU - German test is done
Hello,
just a quick update, that I did the 16 credit German test from NYU today and my recommendation is, if you are not bilingual, don't do it.

There were no multible choise questions in this test.
The first section was listening to a silly text and answering 5 questions. (EASY). The second and third was a translation from German to English and from English to German. This was VERY hard. The text chosen for the German English translation had componants with cultural differences about the school system which (at least in my opinion) are not directly translatable:confused: . Getting a Bachelor in German is different and the school system in Germany in general is different. So translating this into English was really hard.
The second translation was about travelers from the 18th century. Your really need to have your vocablulary togetherCool .
The last was a 350 word essay about money spent on outer space...:eek: .

If you have the choise, go with the CLEP 12 credit, as this is a multible choise test, so even if you don't know the answer, you at least can guess. (not really possible with translations).

Keep your fingers crossed for me, and I keep my fingers crossed for youWink ,

Good luck,

Kckusek
Passed in 2007Smile and DONE!!!:eek: :
[SIZE="1"]CLEP:
30 credits
DANTES:
45 credits
ECE:
19 credits
NYU - German Proficiancy Test
16 credits
Traditional Course work:
12 credits
[/SIZE]
Hey, I appreciate the feedback. I took the 12 credit German exam (easy) but was thinking about the 16 credit exam for Dutch ~ I think I'll wait till you get your results! Wink Keep us posted.
Hey i also signed up for Gujarati test By NYU i was wondering if anyone can fill me in how it is and what do they ask.
Johanna Wrote:Hey, I appreciate the feedback. I took the 12 credit German exam (easy) but was thinking about the 16 credit exam for Dutch ~ I think I'll wait till you get your results! Wink Keep us posted.

If you want credits for Dutch, you might be able to use the BYU FLATS exam.

Foreign Language Achievement Testing Service--BYU
Hi...

I took the 12-point Albanian exam a few weeks ago and am still waiting for my grade. Does anyone who has taken the NYU exam know anything about how it is graded? What do they usually deduct for? What if you were not able to translate a few words correctly, but got the general idea of the passage across? Are they usually tough with the grading?

It was more difficult than I had expected, so I'm definitely worried about my score! I know how to speak Albanian quite well, but there were some vocabulary words that I was not familiar with. Sad
Hi Kckusek: Do you have to send your results to ACE to evaluate or can you send directly to your university?

Good job on the test.
Passed so far:
CLEP:
A&I Lit - 6 credits
Freshman Comp-6 credits
Eng Comp w/Essay-6 credits
Sociology-3 credits
Principle of Mgmt-3 credits
French - 12 credits
Human Growth & Dev- 3 credits
Humanities-6 credits

DSST:
Principle of Supervision- 3 credits
Env & Humanity - 3 credits
Intro to Computing - 3 credits

FEMA/FCC: 16 credits
UMUC-22 credits
NVCC -17
ACE - 23 credits
Aleks - Beginning Algebra
Aleks-Intermediate Algebra
ACTFL Chinese -6 credits

All done - Graduating in Oct from TESC -BA in Humanities!!

Grad School: MS Human Resource Mgmt-2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test score rogeryoung 2 63 5 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 198 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 504 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,732 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 962 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 870 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 796 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 491 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Management Test Battery (MTB) Exam? Merlin 9 4,516 03-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  A college like WGU where I can test out of a degree Fast!! Please help!! Forest.green1 14 4,673 01-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Merlin