Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantitative Business Analysis
According to TESU:
The following courses are required for the BSBA degree in Entrepreneurship and are fulfilled in the General Education section of the degree chart.  (6)
  • College Algebra or Quantitative Business Analysis within Intellectual and Practical Skills section of General Education requirements. (3)
  • Statistics within the Math section of General Education requirements.  (3)

Our local community college offers Quantitative Business Analysis, but it uses a Statistics book along with Excel.
I understand that it would be business focused, but does this mean that TESU will take 2 Statistics courses to fulfill the math?
(08-16-2022, 05:48 PM)Carnation Wrote: According to TESU:
The following courses are required for the BSBA degree in Entrepreneurship and are fulfilled in the General Education section of the degree chart.  (6)
  • College Algebra or Quantitative Business Analysis within Intellectual and Practical Skills section of General Education requirements. (3)
  • Statistics within the Math section of General Education requirements.  (3)

Our local community college offers Quantitative Business Analysis, but it uses a Statistics book along with Excel.
I understand that it would be business focused, but does this mean that TESU will take 2 Statistics courses to fulfill the math?

You want to do Quantitative Business Analysis at CMS learn for $39, which can be done in around 10hours +/- 5 hrs. This would be far quicker than a community college course. 

The first 10% of the course is free to try.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/CSM_Learn

Intro to Stats I would do at Sophia.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Okay, I'm confused.

There is a College Algebra or higher math under Intellectual and Practical Skills
Under Professional Business Requirements there is Statistics AND Quantitative Skills for Business requirements.

I thought CSM Learn fulfilled the Quantitative Skills for Business.

So do I need College Algebra+, CSM Learn, AND Statistics?

But at the bottom of the page it said College Algebra OR Quantitative Business Analysis (which is different from Quantitative Skills for Business).

Anyone help clarify?
Don't be confused, you're correct, you need all 3 of them. This change was made in the 2021 catalog year and should already be on the Wiki plans. These are the courses you should take, CSM, Sophia.org College Algebra and Statistics, and this is because they are self paced and non-proctored.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • LevelUP
One more question...
It is College Algebra or higher math, correct?
So I could potentially take Geometry on Study.com instead of College Algebra?
College Algebra = MAT-121
Geometry = MAT-260

Thanks for the help.
You could, if you really wanted to, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. Algebra on Sophia is quick & easy. If you're able to do Geometry, you'll probably be able to finish the Sophia class in just a couple of days.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-17-2022, 10:50 AM)Carnation Wrote: One more question...
Geometry = MAT-260

Thanks for the help.

I think the BSBA specifically requires College Algebra. I did a what-if and my math classes (MAT-270, MAT-321, and MAT-431) go unused.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Geometry = MAT-260

Thanks for the help.

No. The math requirements for the TESU BSBA is very specific
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Geometry = MAT-260

Thanks for the help.

Nope.  Geometry is not considered "higher" than College Algebra; it's just different.  You could do Precalc though.  Or Calculus.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@Carnation, if you love math and want to take other courses, you can take the Geometry course and have it placed into your free electives as you should have 15 credits there. Another option is, if you have space left in other general education requirements, you can place it there as well.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,482 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 5 503 01-03-2024, 01:31 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  TESU BUS-2100 Quantitative Skills for Business MortySanchez 2 366 09-05-2023, 03:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SDC Business 311: Project Management Staceys88 3 386 07-10-2023, 10:56 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Student: Business Degree Course Map Nate121693 11 1,024 05-15-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tesu business Pats20 18 1,710 05-03-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia Business Communication - TESU COM-202 Intro to Business Communications BSLIONS 0 597 02-21-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BSLIONS
  Saylor OPM-351 Business Statistics Question sarahmac 5 848 09-18-2022, 07:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Location Analytics for Business and other transfer equivalencies carrythenothing 11 1,087 09-15-2022, 03:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Business 210 Quantitative Skills for Business BigDaddy1 2 890 11-11-2021, 07:04 PM
Last Post: BigDaddy1