Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on Biology Clep-peterson test
I did one test last week and score 41%. After a week intensive studying, I took the second test and only score 42%( I didn't have time to finish all the question, and I have 7 question unanswered). Also, I found the second test is much hard than the first one.
I am taking the test on June 28th, a week from now, so my question is that how I am going to study in order to pass the test? Do I need to reschedule my test? Maybe I need another two weeks to study?

The study recourse I am using now:
REA,Biology Smart, official test, Cliff notes, standard deviant dvd.
How much time have you spent with each of your resources? If you are committed, you still have enough time. I suggest that you read all of REA Sun-Mon, Cliffs Notes Tues-Wed, take an REA and a peterson's test on Thurs and review all of the incorrect answers on Friday. Watch the SD DVD a couple times this week and take it easy over the weekend. That's what I did and I scored a 70 without about the same amount of preparation. The test is pretty difficult, but not THAT bad. You just have to put the time into it.
CLEP exams passed:
American Government 60
Human Growth & Development 62
Psychology 66
Sociology 67
English Composition w/Essay 77
Spanish 77
Microeconomics 61
Macroeconomics 61
Financial Accounting 64
Biology 70
US History I 58
protester Wrote:How much time have you spent with each of your resources? If you are committed, you still have enough time. I suggest that you read all of REA Sun-Mon, Cliffs Notes Tues-Wed, take an REA and a peterson's test on Thurs and review all of the incorrect answers on Friday. Watch the SD DVD a couple times this week and take it easy over the weekend. That's what I did and I scored a 70 without about the same amount of preparation. The test is pretty difficult, but not THAT bad. You just have to put the time into it.
I spend roughly 5-7 hours on each of those studying resources. Science always seems like a second language to me and I am not confident at all right now even though I though I will be ready by next week. So I may reschedule the test.
I will follow what you have suggested and I am going to use CLIFFs AP book as additional study book.
BTW, have you taken any AP biology practices test? Is so, what is the difficulty level compare to the really CLEP test? Do they cover the same stuff? I am asking because that I have four AP test come along the book which I can practice on.
I am now studying for this test. I too am wondering how long I should take to study. I have not yet scheduled the test, since I am completely science difficient. Any suggestions on how to study best will be greatly appreciated. Good Luck on your test.
charleydear Wrote:I am now studying for this test. I too am wondering how long I should take to study. I have not yet scheduled the test, since I am completely science difficient. Any suggestions on how to study best will be greatly appreciated. Good Luck on your test.

I haven't take the test yet, so I don't think that I am good at providing any suggestions yet. But here is how I study right now:
1. read Biology Smart and REA CLEP first
2.watch KHAN academy videos Khan Academy: Krebs / Citric Acid Cycle
3 make sure to take the peterson tests and official test sample
vanessa000abc Wrote:I did one test last week and score 41%. After a week intensive studying, I took the second test and only score 42%( I didn't have time to finish all the question, and I have 7 question unanswered). Also, I found the second test is much hard than the first one.
I am taking the test on June 28th, a week from now, so my question is that how I am going to study in order to pass the test? Do I need to reschedule my test? Maybe I need another two weeks to study?

The study recourse I am using now:
REA,Biology Smart, official test, Cliff notes, standard deviant dvd.

I studied for 2 months, finished about 10 minutes early and scored a 74. I scored 70% and higher on every Peterson's CLEP test, so if I were you I would continue studying. I would say that you should get at least a 60% before you take the real one. The Peteron's CLEP for the biology CLEP is a great practice, but the real one is more difficult. I think if you spend a lot of time studying every day for at least a week you should be good. BTW is ur Cliff notes AP? If not go out right now and get the AP Cliff notes for Biology that was the best thing I ever did. I only studied from that and I did well. It is the best resource and right on the money!
BabyTex Wrote:I studied for 2 months, finished about 10 minutes early and scored a 74. I scored 70% and higher on every Peterson's CLEP test, so if I were you I would continue studying. I would say that you should get at least a 60% before you take the real one. The Peteron's CLEP for the biology CLEP is a great practice, but the real one is more difficult. I think if you spend a lot of time studying every day for at least a week you should be good. BTW is ur Cliff notes AP? If not go out right now and get the AP Cliff notes for Biology that was the best thing I ever did. I only studied from that and I did well. It is the best resource and right on the money!
WOW. two month? How many hours a day? I have studies almost 5 weeks until now. But it went on and off and this week I spend over 10 hours everyday to reinforce the knowledge. I have the AP cliff book. It seems have more details about everything , but I don't think that I have enough time to study it all. Also, when did you take the test? Are there any question you can still remember that I should be award of ?
BabyTex Wrote:I studied for 2 months, finished about 10 minutes early and scored a 74. I scored 70% and higher on every Peterson's CLEP test, so if I were you I would continue studying. I would say that you should get at least a 60% before you take the real one. The Peteron's CLEP for the biology CLEP is a great practice, but the real one is more difficult. I think if you spend a lot of time studying every day for at least a week you should be good. BTW is ur Cliff notes AP? If not go out right now and get the AP Cliff notes for Biology that was the best thing I ever did. I only studied from that and I did well. It is the best resource and right on the money!
I just took an AP practice test and made 61% . I really don't know what is its difficulty level compare to the CLEP but I feel like I am understanding more about some stuff.
vanessa000abc Wrote:I just took an AP practice test and made 61% . I really don't know what is its difficulty level compare to the CLEP but I feel like I am understanding more about some stuff.

Sounds good. Don't forget about the REA and Peterson Practice tests; they will set a better sight picture of how well you will do on the real exam.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:Sounds good. Don't forget about the REA and Peterson Practice tests; they will set a better sight picture of how well you will do on the real exam.
Thanks. I will review the peterson and REA test tomorrow. I am reading cliff quick review now, boy, I can't believe that I am still studying. I started at 9:30 this morning, and now it is 10pm.

I really hope I can pass the test after tremendous hours of studying. Guess just have to wait until next Tuesday.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 150 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 178 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 468 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,427 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 743 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,264 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 932 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 2,640 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,804 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket