Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Application Fee waiver
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm not sure if many people are aware as I have not seen any posts on the subject recently, but Thomas Edison State College has a program for adults going back to college where they waive the $75 application fee as well as offer a couple of other financial incentives upon enrolling.

When completing the online application, on page 8, under Partner Affiliation, please select ADULT BACK TO COLLEGE-COMEBACK in the drop down box.
DARN IT!! I didn't know that!! Too late now. That could've paid for a CLEP.

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems - ~TBD~ (currently working toward)
TESC AAS Applied Computer Studies - September 2013 (finished in June 2013)

GENERAL EDUCATION
SL English Comp I/II ~Intro to Sociology
ALEKS ~Intermedia Algebra~College Algebra
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
B&M 9 credits (computer classes)
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)
TEEX Cyber security courses 4cr (core)
DSST Intro to Computers 3cr (435)
PENN FOSTER Computer Applications 3cr

BUSINESS
TEEX Cyber security course 2cr (MAN-299)

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
Sterling Archer Wrote:Good Morning Everyone,

I'm not sure if many people are aware as I have not seen any posts on the subject recently, but Thomas Edison State College has a program for adults going back to college where they waive the $75 application fee as well as offer a couple of other financial incentives upon enrolling.

When completing the online application, on page 8, under Partner Affiliation, please select ADULT BACK TO COLLEGE-COMEBACK in the drop down box.

Here are the details on that program, make sure you are following the guidelines (including New Jersey residency and having completed 50% of your credits):
Thomas Edison State College: Online, accredited degrees for adults who want to finish their degree
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
I was so excited... but it's only for NJ students. Bummer!
Thanks for this info, money is very tight so I was wondering how I would budget this in. :hurray:
TESC had extended this program another year Big Grin
The program also has some financial incentives for your first semester. Check out cooperalex's link above

"Apply and have your application fee waived

When completing the online application, on page 8, under Partner Affiliation, please select ADULT BACK TO COLLEGE-COMEBACK in the drop down box. This will ensure your application fee will be waived as long as you are eligible for the program and enroll no later than June 30, 2014."
Excellent heads-up! Too bad it doesn't apply to me. Sad
Has anybody used this program and gotten any financial assistance? I applied and enrolled but TESC never mentioned any incentives to me. I even spoke to an advisor on the phone and via email and I mentioned that I couldn't afford textbooks for the upcoming semester and they never said a word about this program.
Ladyplf, The program coordinator's email is: comeback@tesc.edu the phone # is: 609-984-1141.

Ask them if you qualify for the Adults Back to College (ABC) program.

They give you a voucher for $250 to use in the MBS bookstore. Their prices for some books are literally 10 times higher than amazon but, hey its free.

Hope this helps
CLEP
Spanish Language 75
American Gov't 52
A&I Literature 66
Prin. Management 67

DSST
Substance Abuse 453
Prin. of Supervision 450
Organizational Beh. 63
Fund. of Counseling 61

8 FEMA credits
Thanks Sterling Archer, I emailed this morning and a ticket was created. They said they would respond after the holiday. I kinda figured they would only give money for their book store which I would never use again. I went to TESC for the first time in 2005, and back then I didn't know anything about college. I paid full price for all my English Comp books lol, :imwithstupid:
I won't ever make that mistake again. So if I have to I'll stick to my plan to take courses that don't require a textbook. Hopefully I will have my finances straight by the second semester.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,224 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Cornerstone waiver Dowew 23 4,683 09-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  Residency waiver @ TESU MNomadic 8 2,703 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Residency waiver for certificates Ideas 2 1,312 08-26-2018, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Saylor/TESU Discount Residency Waiver Fee for ASBA jumpstart 7 3,075 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU/SDC cornerstone waiver? MNomadic 6 1,739 08-03-2018, 06:37 AM
Last Post: fork
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,644 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU Residency Waiver armstrongsubero 7 1,931 07-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Says Son Can't Enroll & Pay Residency Waiver?! AquaDragonfly 4 1,602 06-30-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: AquaDragonfly