Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Finance - Ethics (Gen Ed: Civ Learning)
Hi,

I just received word that study.com Business 108 does not satisfy the ethics requirement listed above.

Does anyone know which study.com course I can take to satisfy this requirement?

If not study.com, the next best option is appreciated.

Regards,
Gloddy
(03-10-2018, 01:13 PM)Gloddy Wrote: Hi,

I just received word that study.com Business 108 does not satisfy the ethics requirement listed above.

Does anyone know which study.com course I can take to satisfy this requirement?

If not study.com, the next best option is appreciated.

Regards,
Gloddy

Use your Study.com exam for a different course. You can meet the TESU Ethics requirement for free info here. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ourse-TESU
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Gloddy
I wonder who told you it doesn't work, and why? I've never heard that, it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Just looked on the transfer page, it shows that it transfers as a business course, as PHI-285. I think someone told you the wrong info. Possibly because it comes in as a LL course, which actually doesn't matter.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-10-2018, 06:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I wonder who told you it doesn't work, and why?  I've never heard that, it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Just looked on the transfer page, it shows that it transfers as a business course, as PHI-285.  I think someone told you the wrong info.  Possibly because it comes in as a LL course, which actually doesn't matter.

Thanks. I think it was me misunderstanding. I didn't realize that just because it was a business course it couldn't count towards the Gen Ed requirements.

What is making it more confusing is there are three sub-sections for Civic Learning (Diversity, Ethics and Civic Engagement).  I received credit for

(03-10-2018, 06:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I wonder who told you it doesn't work, and why?  I've never heard that, it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Just looked on the transfer page, it shows that it transfers as a business course, as PHI-285.  I think someone told you the wrong info.  Possibly because it comes in as a LL course, which actually doesn't matter.

Thanks. I think it was me misunderstanding things. I didn't realize that just because it was a business course it couldn't count towards the Gen Ed requirements.

What is making it more confusing is there are three sub-sections for Civic Learning (Diversity, Ethics and Civic Engagement).  I received credit for Diversity with a Business Ethics course I took with LaSalle.  They gave me credit for Civic Engagement from Political Science I took through study.com.

This is the second time I took a course that won't count. It is starting to give me anxiety.  Now I do not know what to take for the actual Ethics requirement.  allvia posted something about a free course. I appreciate this, but I couldn't quite make out what was what with the thread linked. It appears to be a course for 2 credit hours. I need three.  I am just hoping to find something that will definitively satisfy the three hours. Preferably on study.com or something similar.

Gloddy
The free course for two credit hours satisfies the requirement. The extra credit is made up in GenEd electives. Most people have plenty of those to fill that 1 credit.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-10-2018, 07:31 PM)davewill Wrote: The free course for two credit hours satisfies the requirement. The extra credit is made up in GenEd electives. Most people have plenty of those to fill that 1 credit.

Thanks davewill.  I think I must be thick.

So you are saying even thought my academic evaluation says I need 3 credit hours in the slot, 2 hours will satisfy it? 

Seems like they should just give me the credit for the business ethics.  I will take the free course and see what happens.  I am just trying to avoid a third time taking a class that won't count.

Unrelated but related side note.
I looked at my evaluation today.  I had ENC101 credit from Penn State (1993). I then took study.com English 105 for ENC102 and Communication 101 for COM-209.  Today they took away the Penn State credit and moved the English 105 to ENC101 and I have no credit for ENC102.  One of the courses I took I didn't get credit for earlier was study.com English 104. I emailed academic advising to ask if this can be corrected. I feel like they have to either honor the Penn State class or the study.com English 104 for ENC 101 and stick to the English 105 counting for ENC102.  All of this was in addition to them not counting the business ethics.  Ughhhh!

As you can see, I feel like I take two steps forward and then one step back.

I finished Statistics 101 last week on study.com. I finished Business 103 for Law -201 today.  I started Math 107 (MAT-119) today and I am fearful they will say these won't count.  It feels very difficult to know for sure the classes will count.

Thanks to everyone for their help and thoughts.
Gloddy

(03-10-2018, 07:31 PM)davewill Wrote: The free course for two credit hours satisfies the requirement. The extra credit is made up in GenEd electives. Most people have plenty of those to fill that 1 credit.

Hi,

I just took the exam for this course and passed with a 76.  Am I required to do the modules?
I went into my ACE account and added the course.  Is that it?  Once approved I can send it to TESU?
Thanks
Gloddy
I would contact them again and ask why they didn't apply the course to the Ethics requirement. They SHOULD, it meets the requirements! If they don't, then they need to explain why.

Have you already sent it in, it was evaluated, and NOT placed in that slot?

You need to go back and get this taken care of rather than just going by what "someone said." The advisors at TESU regularly get confused, but the evaluators seem to do ok, so have it done correctly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Gloddy
(03-10-2018, 09:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would contact them again and ask why they didn't apply the course to the Ethics requirement.  They SHOULD, it meets the requirements!  If they don't, then they need to explain why.

Have you already sent it in, it was evaluated, and NOT placed in that slot?

You need to go back and get this taken care of rather than just going by what "someone said."  The advisors at TESU regularly get confused, but the evaluators seem to do ok, so have it done correctly.

M challenge is work. I don't have much time to call them during the week when they are there.  I do most of my work late at night and on the weekends. I am sure most of us are in the same boat.  I will call them this week to see if I can figure all of this out.  I was feeling like I could see the finish line and now I feel I have taken a wrong turn.

I will report back what I learn.

Thanks
Gloddy
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')
Also you need to email them, or while you're speaking to them by phone, inquire about the two English courses.  The Study.com English 105 is definitely English II.  I sounds like you had a few bad placements on the same all on the same day from the same transcript.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Gloddy
(03-11-2018, 08:18 AM)allvia Wrote: Also you need to email them, or while you're speaking to them by phone, inquire about the two English courses.  The Study.com English 105 is definitely English II.  I sounds like you had a few bad placements on the same all on the same day from the same transcript.

Thanks. Per recommendations on this forum, I sent two different emails.

1 email for the English Mix-up and Business Ethics placement
1 email to confirm the current classes I am taking and where they will fit.

I also plan on calling them this week as I am taking a few days off from work to do school work Smile

Thanks
Gloddy
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 2,970 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,386 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TEL Learning Still Operational knaves 5 1,005 03-19-2023, 12:59 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  PHI-400 Managerial Ethics (Equivalency Only) mog538 0 333 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 700 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,174 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,861 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455