Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU doesn't accept ACE transcripts of Study.com courses?
"We recently received your official ACE transcript. Based on an agreement between Thomas Edison State University and Study.com, we cannot accept Study.com coursework off of the ACE transcript. Please contact Study.com to request that an official transcript be sent directly from them."

This is the message I got today. I've sent ACE transcripts of Study.com courses to TESU in the past with no problem. So I guess this is new? What's the rationale for it? 
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(03-19-2018, 07:00 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: "We recently received your official ACE transcript. Based on an agreement between Thomas Edison State University and Study.com, we cannot accept Study.com coursework off of the ACE transcript. Please contact Study.com to request that an official transcript be sent directly from them."

This is the message I got today. I've sent ACE transcripts of Study.com courses to TESU in the past with no problem. So I guess this is new? What's the rationale for it? 

That's nuts.  I've heard of them not accepting Study.com transcripts directly, but not that you HAVE to go through them to send the transcripts.  I think that person got it wrong.  But I would contact Study.com directly and see what they have to say.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • HistoryMaker, slmartin
I received the same message from TESU.  I did read it some where though, either on the TESU or Study.com website before I applied.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b90253...bd813935c1

link to transfer from study.com to TESU
If this is the case, is there any incentive to adding the Study.com courses to your ACE transcript as a TESU student?
[-] The following 1 user Likes leland.kirk's post:
  • slmartin
(03-19-2018, 10:49 PM)leland.kirk Wrote: If this is the case, is there any incentive to adding the Study.com courses to your ACE transcript as a TESU student?

There isn't any reason not to. But I'd keep them on there anyway just in case anything ever happens to Study.com. That way you always have the courses on your permanent ACE transcript.

While you may end up with a TESU degree with the courses on that transcript, it is possible that another school (or employer) in the future may want to see the original transcript as well.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 3 users Like Merlin's post:
  • cookderosa, rachel83az, Yenisei
(03-19-2018, 10:49 PM)leland.kirk Wrote: If this is the case, is there any incentive to adding the Study.com courses to your ACE transcript as a TESU student?

I would always add ACE courses to my ACE transcript.

(03-19-2018, 11:01 PM)Merlin Wrote:

There isn't any reason not to. But I'd keep them on there anyway just in case anything ever happens to Study.com. That way you always have the courses on your permanent ACE transcript.

While you may end up with a TESU degree with the courses on that transcript, it is possible that another school (or employer) in the future may want to see the original transcript as well.

If another school or employer ever wanted to see the "original transcript", then they don't understand ACE credits - because while Study.com is the course provider, it's not a "transcript" for college purposes - because they're not a school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • leland.kirk, slmartin
(03-19-2018, 11:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I would always add ACE courses to my ACE transcript.

(03-19-2018, 11:01 PM)Merlin Wrote:

If another school or employer ever wanted to see the "original transcript", then they don't understand ACE credits - because while Study.com is the course provider, it's not a "transcript" for college purposes - because they're not a school.

To be clear, I was suggesting one might use ACE as the "original transcript" in that case, specifically given Study.com isn't a school.

Outside of a college transcript, ACE is the only other way to document the completed Study.com or Straighterline course material that I know of. So, if an "original transcript" were requested after seeing the college one, ACE would be the best option I can think of. Though I suppose one could also ask Study.com or Straighterline to send a transcript themselves if they are still around at some random point in the future. Not that I think this would be a common scenario in any case.

The point is, there is a value to putting the credits on your ACE transcript. To be safe if nothing else... it doesn't hurt either way.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • cookderosa
After contacting Study.com, they send transcripts to Excelsior and TESU for free, so I guess its not that big a deal, but it still strikes me as weird. I will continue to add Study.com courses to ACE because COSC still accepts them that way and who knows who else I might want to send a transcript to, plus that's free as well so why not

The main thing though is just everyone should bear in mind that they have to do it in 2 steps now, because I sent in my transcript to TESU weeks ago and they take their time adding them, like they always do, and now I have to re-send it from Study.com and they're going to take their time again, I'm sure. So just fyi
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • slmartin
I get the value of allowing the option of direct transcripts from Study.com, but to ONLY allow that option and not an ACE transcript is fantastically stupid.

At least it's free.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • slmartin
(03-20-2018, 08:08 AM)jsd Wrote: I get the value of allowing the option of direct transcripts from Study.com, but to ONLY allow that option and not an ACE transcript is fantastically stupid.

At least it's free.

As suggested, I put everything on ACE always...never know. Look at ALEKS as an example.

Anyway, I thought about this a little because *technically* CLEP and AP would be "ACE" credits too, but the College Board has their own transcript option, but I think students would prefer to have everything in one place. Then I realized that having a CLEP and AP transcript sent from College Board generates a little extra revenue for College Board. Study isn't currently charging for transcripts, but I wonder if the change at TESU isn't coming from Study?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 11,896 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic