Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU evaluation and degree plan questions
Hi everyone,

I recently was admitted to TESU for a BS in Operations Management. The transcripts from my CLEP and CC courses have been evaluated but I am a few weeks into the evaluation of classes that I took at a local university. I have read on this form that TESU only does 2 evaluations prior to enrollment, does this mean that I need to enroll before my other transcript evaluation will be finalized? The CLEp and CC course were received about a week before this transcript came in and were processed very quickly. I was wanting to wait for a full evaluation until I enrolled in courses because I am not sure who many I will need to take. Should I just enroll in something to get the transcription done faster?

I was also hoping for advise on creating the degree plan. Does anyone have any experience on switching courses with those listed in the degree program? The web page states the following:
This list of subjects is offered as a guide. Other subjects may also be considered appropriate for this major area of study.
Does anyone know of any restrictions on this? For example, can it only be applied in electives?

Thanks for the help
This is a common misunderstanding regarding degree evaluations vs transcript/course evaluations at TESU (& other schools).  When you apply you are allowed two degree evaluations, not limited in the number of transcripts (by source) that you send.

In example you can apply for a BSBA-Ops Mngt (1st degree evaluation) and send in transcript from 3 different CCs, 2 4yr Colleges, 1 4yr University, 1 ACE, etc (my own original TESU evaluation was not that far off from this scenario). You can also request say a BA in Psychology (2nd degree evaluation) - it will use all your same transcripts. What to keep in mind is that if you send in your ACE transcript and then go and add more credits to it (say add the free courses you learned about here - but didn't have originally) or take another course at one of the CCs you already sent in transcripts for - they don't want you sending in the 'updated' transcripts unless you're enrolled. 

Once you're enrolled you can send in your updated/added to transcript as often as you like and they'll evaluation them (although it is probably best to wait until you finish up at least a few courses before doing so - plus most transcripts have costs related). You can also be evaluated for as many degrees as you wish. Evaluation of transcripts is very slow at TESU, but evaluation for degree is usually quick (once they have already evaluated the transcripts) - so this is when you can request that evaluation for the BS Computer Science (3rd degree evaluation)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(10-20-2018, 01:40 PM)allvia Wrote: This is a common misunderstanding regarding degree evaluations vs transcript/course evaluations at TESU (& other schools).  When you apply you are allowed two degree evaluations, not limited in the number of transcripts (by source) that you send.

Ahh that makes much more sense. Thank you for the explanation.

I'm just eager to actually enroll in the classes I need am I trying to remove roadblocks but it looks like at least as far as the transcript evaluation goes I will just need to give it more time. 
In the meantime, I am trying to develop a degree plan with what I know has been evaluated already but still don't know what restrictions are placed on switching courses listed on the degree program so I would appreciate if anyone has any information regarding these substitutions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 786 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 293 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 248 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 239 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger