Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of the People MBA for $2450
I thought I'd share this news from the other forum. University of the People's MBA is up and running. UoPeople is, technically, tuition-free, but there is a $50 application fee and a $200 examination fee per course. The total cost of the MBA is $2450. UoPeople is nationally accredited by DEAC and does not accept federal or state financial aid, but students from developing countries may qualify for a reduced application fee, and the school has its own grants and scholarships.

Master of Business Administration - UoPeople
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
I am wondering if we can use this as a tool to make it cheaper to get a degree from a RA grad school. Do we know of any RA grad schools that would possibly accept transfer credit from U of the People, if so how much would they possibly accept?
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
smf6824 Wrote:I am wondering if we can use this as a tool to make it cheaper to get a degree from a RA grad school. Do we know of any RA grad schools that would possibly accept transfer credit from U of the People, if so how much would they possibly accept?

WGU doesn't accept any transfer credits at the graduate level. Liberty and APUS accept NA credits and degrees, but I don't know if APUS has special stipulations for its business programs since it's ACBSP-accredited.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
The eight pre-requisite courses may be completed at another institution prior to applying to UoPeople or may be taken at UoPeople after being admitted to the MBA program. The courses do not count toward the MBA degree and must be completed before beginning any MBA coursework.

The eight prerequisite courses (or their equivalents) are as follows:
BUS 1102 Basic Accounting
BUS 1103 Microeconomics
BUS 1104 Macroeconomics
MATH 1280 Introduction to Statistics
BUS 2201 Principles of Marketing
BUS 2203 Principles of Finance
BUS 4402 Organization Behavior
BUS 4403 Business Policies and Strategies
:hurray:

[SIZE=2]it is a journey[/SIZE]
[-] The following 1 user Likes BELLA's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
WOW!! I might have to reconsider my educational path. Thanks a milliSmile
***GOAL***Confusedeeya: Bachelors Healthcare Management WGU, MBA Concentration in Healthcare WGU

STRAIGHTERLINE
Sociology101
Organizational Behavior
English Comp 1
The Principles of Management
Business Law 110
Psychology 101
Business Ethics
Biology101
Philosophy
Principles of Accounting
College Algebra
SAYLOR
Environmental Ethics
CCA LVN 2011:coolgleam:
I'd like to also say that APUS has graduate level portfolio evaluation which is up to 9 credits. So it is likely they will allow you to use these credits towards their MBA.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
It's looking a lot more rigorous than Columbia Southern University's MBA.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
videogamesrock Wrote:I'd like to also say that APUS has graduate level portfolio evaluation which is up to 9 credits. So it is likely they will allow you to use these credits towards their MBA.

I wouldn't say there is a link between portfolio evaluation and accepting transfer credits for the MBA. It could be that they will accept transfer credits from a school that is neither AACSB nor ACBSP-accredited, but it wouldn't be because of portfolio evaluation. TESU has graduate-level portfolio evaluation, but won't accept credits from NA schools.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I just looked at their transfer equivalency tool. It looks like courses from CSU would transfer in as APUS equivalents. So they do accept NA credits at the Graduate level for business. I say highly likely yes, but the only way to know 100% is by contacting the school.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
videogamesrock Wrote:I just looked at their transfer equivalency tool. It looks like courses from CSU would transfer in as APUS equivalents. So they do accept NA credits at the Graduate level for business. I say highly likely yes, but the only way to know 100% is by contacting the school.

I didn't think the NA was the problem. I wasn't sure if they would accept credits from a school that is neither AACSB nor ACBSP-accredited. A lot of RA schools have neither of those.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 287 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 752 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,959 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,175 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 507 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,345 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 377 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,732 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 675 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,316 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel