Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? (/Thread-Which-TECEP-to-Stay-Enrolled)

Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - keepsingin - 08-22-2017

I need a TECEP to keep my enrollment current, and I still have English Comp I & II left to do, so I may pick one of those. Which one could be taken with less study time on average? I can write pretty decently, although a timeframe may test that claim.  Tongue Depending on whichever tecep I choose, I plan to take either the comp modular clep or the advanced comp dsst.

Comp I consists of 3 essays, and Comp II consists of 5 "tasks" which are small(er) writing assignments. Judging from the test description, Comp I looks somewhat less intense, but I wanted to hear from others to make sure.

I'm pretty swamped with other classes, so this exam will likely be on a wing and a prayer lol. If anyone wants to share any feedback on one of these exams, feel free to PM me, as I'm not on the feedback thread any longer. Thanks!

RE: Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - Ideas - 08-22-2017

I took Comp II. I only prepared for an hour and found it harder than expected, but not too bad.

I looked at the Comp I information. I would definitely say Comp I.

RE: Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - dfrecore - 08-22-2017

Comp I is probably easier (obviously), but Comp II was doable. If you can take them both as TECEP's, that's certainly easier than going to a testing center for the CLEP/DSST.

I didn't study for Comp II, and I did fine.

RE: Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - keepsingin - 08-25-2017

Thanks for confirming! That's a good idea to take them both as TECEPs. I'll have to see how the first one goes though.

RE: Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - Ideas - 08-25-2017

I would do CLEP if you can, especially if it's free through Modern States.

RE: Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - kalyway - 08-30-2017

Hm.. I have to do Comp II anyways so I'll look into this as an option. Thank you!

RE: Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - Silly_Me - 08-30-2017

I plan to take Comp I & II TECEPs this semester. So, please report back & let me know what you thought of the tests!

RE: Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - keepsingin - 10-21-2017

(08-30-2017, 08:58 AM)Silly_Me Wrote: I plan to take Comp I & II TECEPs this semester. So, please report back & let me know what you thought of the tests!

Looks like I won't take it til Feb or March 2018 term...Sorry if that's too late to be a help!

RE: Which TECEP to Stay Enrolled? - Silly_Me - 10-23-2017

@keepsingin - I'll be taking English Comp I sometime this semester. I'm curious to know if there is a required word count per essay. The TECEP information sheet just says "4 - 6 paragraphs."