Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Microeconomics through SL - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Microeconomics through SL (/Thread-Microeconomics-through-SL)

Microeconomics through SL - videogamesrock - 12-13-2017

Has anyone taken microeconomics through SL lately?  If so, how quick can one pass it?

RE: Microeconomics through SL - masrat858 - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 04:10 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Has anyone taken microeconomics through SL lately?  If so, how quick can one pass it?

I have; it took me two days in total.

RE: Microeconomics through SL - RANSOMSOUL - 12-13-2017

Like with any course at StraighterLine, the speed is highly dependent on what level of knowledge you bring to the course. With that being said, the course is very manageable with knowledge and if new to the subject, it's a solid course to learn. A nice supporting resource is ACDCLeadership

RE: Microeconomics through SL - videogamesrock - 12-14-2017

Thanks for the feedback. I started today and got an 80 without the book on the first exam. I think the course is very doable as stated above.

RE: Microeconomics through SL - RANSOMSOUL - 12-14-2017

I am sure you are aware but keep in mind the exams are weighted and even though 80 is a solid score, too many 80s can put unnecessary pressure on the final exam score.

RE: Microeconomics through SL - videogamesrock - 12-18-2017

Ransomsoul,

How do you recommend preparing for the final? Should I just review my notes and quizzes?

RE: Microeconomics through SL - RANSOMSOUL - 12-18-2017

Midterm was a significant value in this course and is for most at StraighterLine. Studying just the exams is enough to muscle through the final but understanding 'why A. is the answer' or 'how B. & C. are connected' is a greater route to take. At this point, what is the necessary final score needed to pass (how many points do you need)?

RE: Microeconomics through SL - videogamesrock - 12-18-2017

(12-14-2017, 10:14 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: I am sure you are aware but keep in mind the exams are weighted and even though 80 is a solid score, too many 80s can put unnecessary pressure on the final exam score.

(12-18-2017, 03:56 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Midterm was a significant value in this course and is for most at StraighterLine. Studying just the exams is enough to muscle through the final but understanding 'why A. is the answer' or 'how B. & C. are connected' is a greater route to take. At this point, what is the necessary final score needed to pass (how many points do you need)?

I'm not quite done yet, but I would surmise a 40-45% on the final should be sufficient.