Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
2017 Pass Rates - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: 2017 Pass Rates (/Thread-2017-Pass-Rates)

Pages: 1 2 3

2017 Pass Rates - cookderosa - 12-15-2017

The newest CLEP pass rates were posted. The DSST rates are by quarter and then by test taker type, someone with more free time than me can merge those 8 sets of data. BUT, here is CLEP! It's worth noting that MANY of the "easier" exams were refreshed in 2015 and their pass rates went from very high back then to VERY low now.

http://www.dantes.doded.mil/examinations/earn-college-credit/pass-rates.html#sthash.UyDzPmCF.dpbs

In ranked order from highest pass rate to lowest pass rate

Spanish 92%
College Composition 83%
College Composition Modular 81%
French 81%
Principles of Marketing 74%
German 73%
Sociology 73%
Info Systems and Computer Applications 70%
Human Growth and Development 69%
College Math 68%
Precalculus 65%
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 64%
Intro. Educational Psychology 61%
Princ. Macroeconomics 60%
Princ. Microeconomics 59%
Biology 59%
History of the US I 58%
Western Civilization I 57%
Humanities 57%
Intro. Psychology 55%
Natural Sciences 53%
English Literature 52%
Calculus 51%
History of the US II 50%
Social Science and History 49%
College Algebra 47%
Intro. Business Law 46%
Western Civilization II 45%
Princ. of Management 44%
American Government 42%
Financial Accounting 41%
American Literature 39%
Chemistry 29%

RE: 2017 Pass Rates - originalamyj - 12-15-2017

Wow. A&I Lit is now at 64%. and American Lit is only 39%. I'm super nervous about these now.

RE: 2017 Pass Rates - RANSOMSOUL - 12-15-2017

These are always good scores to have a base to run off of. The updates on A&I Lit and American Lit are showing some significant percentage drops over the last year. I always get a kick out of the Spanish results, one would think, even non native speakers could easily pass that test!! Smile

RE: 2017 Pass Rates - dfrecore - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 03:52 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: These are always good scores to have a base to run off of. The updates on A&I Lit and American Lit are showing some significant percentage drops over the last year. I always get a kick out of the Spanish results, one would think, even non native speakers could easily pass that test!! Smile

I'm going to guess that this is not one of those tests that people who aren't fairly fluent would even attempt.  So, the reason that the pass rate is so high is because the only ones who take it are people who know they can pass.

I always recommend it to my friends who are native speakers, and never recommend it to those who aren't.

RE: 2017 Pass Rates - greencouch - 12-15-2017

These are currently only the military pass rates, right? (I didn't see 2017 Civilian Pass rates posted yet, but I could be missing it.)

RE: 2017 Pass Rates - Life Long Learning - 12-15-2017

On the flip side, many of the former bottom 10-20% pass rates ones are higher.

American Government 42% use to be 10% not that long ago Sad

It looks like they are getting slowly getting rid of the two extremes (10% and 90% exams)?

RE: 2017 Pass Rates - cookderosa - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 03:52 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: These are always good scores to have a base to run off of. The updates on A&I Lit and American Lit are showing some significant percentage drops over the last year. I always get a kick out of the Spanish results, one would think, even non native speakers could easily pass that test!! Smile

I don't know....German seems worth learning ;p

RE: 2017 Pass Rates - RANSOMSOUL - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 08:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I don't know....German seems worth learning ;p

Did my wife call you?? Wink

RE: 2017 Pass Rates - Doodlebabe - 12-16-2017

I might be missing something crucial here but why are some of the civilian pass rates (provided in the link) so much higher than the rates in the OP? I was a little worried when I saw the first set of numbers, as I'm planning on taking the CLEP for US Lit, US Gov, and English Lit but after seeing the rates on the link I'm thinking maybe I don't have to worry too much about immense amounts study time. Anyone know why the discrepancy?

RE: 2017 Pass Rates - RANSOMSOUL - 12-16-2017

Since the testing fee is waived or reimbursed on the first attempt for the military, it is not uncommon for many of the attempts to be taken with zero prep. In comparison to a civilian who has money and time to lose, it's a better example of a traditional student who has studied the material prior to the exam.