Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
Received two cool updates this week:

1. StraighterLine reached out asking for time to sit for an interview on a new book called 'Free-Range Learning in the Digital World'. Seems that the author has some relationship with the CEO of StraighterLine and they would like to include a piece of my time with StraighterLine and a closing update with WGU. We are reviewing the details on Monday and if worth sharing, I will circle back with additional information.

2. WGU shared I was in the running for being a student speaker for commencement. The next event is in Texas/September and due to my completion date, it does not look like that one will be an option. There are Indiana/Oct & three options in 2018 (Florida/Seattle/Las Vegas). If I was able to secure Texas, it would be an easy decision to swing the family down for a pretty cool moment. Indiana does not seem like a real option and once 2018 comes around, I might be focused on other projects overseas. However, Seattle and Las Vegas could be a lot of fun and if it is an actual option for these commencements, I will probably get fired up to make it happen.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • jessikalauren
(08-11-2017, 05:37 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: However, Seattle and Las Vegas could be a lot of fun and if it is an actual option for these commencements, I will probably get fired up to make it happen.

I am aiming for Vegas and it would be the coolest thing ever to hear you speak, since I learned so much from your posts on this board. Juuuust my two cents Big Grin
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
(08-11-2017, 09:21 PM)jessikalauren Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 05:37 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: However, Seattle and Las Vegas could be a lot of fun and if it is an actual option for these commencements, I will probably get fired up to make it happen.

I am aiming for Vegas and it would be the coolest thing ever to hear you speak, since I learned so much from your posts on this board. Juuuust my two cents Big Grin

That's a  nice post to read - Thank you!!! Vegas is high on the list for sure and would be an easy 4-hour drive up from Laguna. Might even be able to bring some good screamers to keep the energy high in the building Wink

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(08-11-2017, 10:18 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 09:21 PM)jessikalauren Wrote:

That's a  nice post to read - Thank you!!! Vegas is high on the list for sure and would be an easy 4-hour drive up from Laguna. Might even be able to bring some good screamers to keep the energy high in the building Wink

I love it! We go frequently because flights from Oakland are cheap. And it would be one hell of a graduation party!

The timing is a factor for me because I *might* be able to walk for both my BS and masters (leaning toward MSML) by then. I may need more advice from you because my term wouldn't start until Feb 1st, but from reading your thread and others, it seems perfectly reasonable to complete all but the capstone in four months, right? I believe I just have to be in progress on my last course to apply for commencement.
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
(08-11-2017, 09:21 PM)jessikalauren Wrote: I love it! We go frequently because flights from Oakland are cheap. And it would be one hell of a graduation party!

The timing is a factor for me because I *might* be able to walk for both my BS and masters (leaning toward MSML) by then. I may need more advice from you because my term wouldn't start until Feb 1st, but from reading your thread and others, it seems perfectly reasonable to complete all but the capstone in four months, right? I believe I just have to be in progress on my last course to apply for commencement.

That's an awesome goal and I am a fan of 'anything is possible'. December 2015, I had 15 credits earned in 2013 from ALEKS & by March 31st, 2016, I received the TESU confirmation email on completion for my BSBA. Feel bad that I did not write more about that journey but my head was down too much in the books to document it. The crazy thing is now it's just one big blur and outside of my ACE Credit account, I would not even be able to put the dates together.

Now if I can just get a handle on how to complete a Doctorate with the same efficiency, all will be grand in the world!! Smile

Look forward to you tackling your masters & cheering you along the way!

[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • jessikalauren
I heard this same news quite a few months back actually. Worth double checking, but it sounds right.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Just returning from Germany and within the huge pile of packages, there was this very slim envelope from WGU. Thanks again to all that support the efforts of this Forum. It makes the journey a lot more fun and provides for a pretty cool diary to circle back and appreciate.

[-] The following 3 users Like RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • dfrecore, jessikalauren, jsd
(08-22-2017, 04:53 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Just returning from Germany and within the huge pile of packages, there was this very slim envelope from WGU. Thanks again to all that support the efforts of this Forum. It makes the journey a lot more fun and provides for a pretty cool diary to circle back and appreciate.

MSML
Congratulations! Any idea when you'll be wrapping up the MBA?
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(08-22-2017, 08:08 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 04:53 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Just returning from Germany and within the huge pile of packages, there was this very slim envelope from WGU. Thanks again to all that support the efforts of this Forum. It makes the journey a lot more fun and provides for a pretty cool diary to circle back and appreciate.
Congratulations! Any idea when you'll be wrapping up the MBA?

With there being no commencement for WGU that I could attend until April (Seattle) or more likely June (Las Vegas), my interest at the moment is deciding on the gameplan for a Ph.D./DBA program. Since I don't anticipate the MBA portion taking more than 2-3 months based on what's left course wise, I will probably circle back to it Q1 2018.

Now, if I am in a Ph.D./DBA program by then, an MBA may just have to be a side product to return to at a later date.

MSML

Congrats.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,731 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,940 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,141 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,739 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,735 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,732 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,329 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,201 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100