Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Free" Online text books for DoD
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I was browsing through the Air Force Library and found a good source.

DoD sponsors Safari Books Online.

From what I've seen on the website, it has full text books and technical books for business, IT, math, engineering and a few other subjects.

I was able to find one for Management Information Systems. I'm going to use if for the DSST test.

Just another source for those that like to "over-study" like I do.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Do you have a good link with info on how to sign up? This sounds great. We already have the Books24x7 resource through the IT E-Learning site plus all the CBTs there, this is an extra bonus.

Use it while you can. I don't know where their money is coming from, but it's about to dry up.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
you can either sign up through military one source. or sign into the air force portal and look it up through the library link. click the link along the top banner that says library. then in the center where it says "e-books and downloadable audiobooks", scroll down a bit and you will see a link that says safari books online.

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Prloko Wrote:I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I was browsing through the Air Force Library and found a good source.

DoD sponsors Safari Books Online.

From what I've seen on the website, it has full text books and technical books for business, IT, math, engineering and a few other subjects.

I was able to find one for Management Information Systems. I'm going to use if for the DSST test.

Just another source for those that like to "over-study" like I do.

Hello I'm new here but I am attempting to take the freshman college English comp with essay, literature short stories and race to save the planet. I see you have already taken two of these courses, do you have any advice or guidance in passing these tests. Also could you tell me your score for the test mentioned.

Thank you,

Shardaye
My best advice for you is to join instantcert.com (i do not make any money from this) and check out the specific feedback forum on these exams. The thread for race to save the planet has a very good study guide that will help you pass the test. Also, you may just try to find an environmental science book if you don't feel like paying the monthly fee. I did not take the English Comp exam and I cannot assist with that. I'm assuming "Literature short stories" is analyzing and interpreting literature. This exam is extremely easy and the most difficult part would be time management for people who speak English as a second language. Just be familiar with terms in literature and the rest is being able to read and analyze a subject. This exam historically has a very high pass rate. Good luck.

PrLoko-isms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 25,887 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,863 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,876 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding bootcamps for veterans: VET TEC program through the VA MNomadic 10 4,229 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
  Busch Gardens or SeaWorld free for veterans MNomadic 0 1,364 05-20-2019, 11:35 PM
  Free Courses for DOD 22gunsonfire 25 13,577 03-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,299 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  Free Challenge Exams? Marcus Aurelius 4 2,960 08-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: rach03
  DraftKings Partners With VetsinTech to Offer Free Coding Training to Ex-Military Memb decimon 0 2,091 06-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: decimon
  Free Splunk Training for Veterans jamshid666 3 3,786 04-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: quigongene