Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free College Credit from TEEX!
KUJO Wrote:I think this link should answer most of the questions we have.

TEEX: American Council on Education (ACE)

It says that they will send the course completion notice to ACE quarterly. ACE shows you as being able to add the courses yourself. Right now my ACE transcript says pending approval. I am guessing that TEEX will most likely not respond to the pending approval, they will probably just wait until they send all the quarterly records in. It does not say when the quarterly dates are.

I hope that's only for the Emergency Services Training Institute. I would hate to wait for quarterly updates.

Grand Wizard Wrote:Is it a prerequisite to be in the Homeland Security/Emergency Preparedness field to be able to register? The "New User Registration" page doesn't have any options for "civilian" or "other."

https://www.teexwmdcampus.com/user_registration_form.k2

I don't remember seeing that when I first signed up about 18 months ago. "Private Sector" is listed as an option for a few fields.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:
Grand Wizard Wrote:Is it a prerequisite to be in the Homeland Security/Emergency Preparedness field to be able to register? The "New User Registration" page doesn't have any options for "civilian" or "other."

https://www.teexwmdcampus.com/user_registration_form.k2

I don't remember seeing that when I first signed up about 18 months ago. "Private Sector" is listed as an option for a few fields.

Thanks, using "volunteer" as a title and "private" or "private sector" did the trick. :hurray:
I finished the three module sequence in the last week, spending 1-2 hours at a time each day for a total of about 12 hours. I was able to test out extensively from Information Security for Everyone (AWR-175-W) and Cyber Law and White Collar Crime (AWR-168-W). However, I had to retake all the exams for Cyber Ethics (AWR-174-W).

My advice would be to take the pre-test/assessment. After it is graded save the sections you didn't pass as separate Adobe pdf's. Save each section of the module ("resources"; mostly 1-4 page sections) as a separate Adobe file. Finally, save the module assessment you take at the end of the module. When you take the final exam you should be able to find the answers using Ctrl + F in one of your saved files.
Does anyone know what classes TESC would count the credits towards?
That's what we're all waiting to find out. I'm assuming TESC will only give this answer to enrolled students.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
After 4 days of phone calls and a few emails I have a few answers about the TEEX Cyber Courses and ACE.

Once you have completed all the courses that you wish to do, give TEEX about 2 weeks from the date of the last completed course before you try to add them to your ACE CREDIT transcript. The internal TEEX transcript system takes about that long to fully register completion. Then you can add the courses to ACE and they will approve it. They are not as fast as Aleks, Sraighterline, NFA, or The Ammo School but they are very friendly and will try to do it as fast as they can.

These courses are simple and easy to complete. You can pass all required courses to earn the 6 credits in 1 or 2 weeks. I had no prior college level computer training.

My next goal is to contact TESC and find out if I can apply these to my degree plan. I will update the thread when I hear back.
Thanks for updating us. I emailed them once and got a response a couple of days ago that didn't pertain to my questions. I'm waiting for them to respond to my second email, but you already provided one of the answers I needed.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
KUJO Wrote:The Ammo School
Ammo School? What is this ammo school you speak of?
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
KUJO Wrote:After 4 days of phone calls and a few emails I have a few answers about the TEEX Cyber Courses and ACE.

Once you have completed all the courses that you wish to do, give TEEX about 2 weeks from the date of the last completed course before you try to add them to your ACE CREDIT transcript. The internal TEEX transcript system takes about that long to fully register completion. Then you can add the courses to ACE and they will approve it. They are not as fast as Aleks, Sraighterline, NFA, or The Ammo School but they are very friendly and will try to do it as fast as they can.

These courses are simple and easy to complete. You can pass all required courses to earn the 6 credits in 1 or 2 weeks. I had no prior college level computer training.

My next goal is to contact TESC and find out if I can apply these to my degree plan. I will update the thread when I hear back.

GREAT UPDATE!
I am hoping to start these in the next two weeks and get them transferred over to ACE and then to TESC. I really hope 6 credits is an option and not duplicate since the ACE site recommends them as the same. Hopefully TESC can provide clarification of this.
Double post. Using my phone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 28,707 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,092 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,350 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 369 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 310 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 622 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 249 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie