Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Management Degree/Aviation Maintenance Degree
Hello,

I'm an Embry Riddle graduate with a B.S in Aeronautics, as well as An A.A.S in Aviation MX Tech. and A.A.S. in Instruction of Military Science from the CCAF. I'm enrolled in the Master of Aeronautical Science degree from Embry Riddle but future military training prevents me from taking classes until August. I can, however, continue to take CLEP tests. My question is this, can I transfer Embry Riddle credits and military credits to TESC and earn a Bachelor's degree in general management or aviation mx technology? I really don't need two undergrad degrees, I just want to keep myself busy. I'm sure I'll need to CLEP some courses. How many credits will TESC take? TO be honest, I'm not familiar with TESC at all. Thanks for the help
Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle projected 2014
B.S Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle 2012
A.A.S Aviation Maintenance Technology, CCAF 2011
A.A.S Instructor of Military Science, CCAF 2011
You can transfer in all credits with the exception of their 03 credit capstone. If you go with their Military Degree Completion Program there are other residency requirements.
Well, there's a great big caveat for a student in Jeff's position:

jeff080 Wrote:I'm an Embry Riddle graduate with a B.S in Aeronautics

TESC's Second Bachelor's Degree policy. A student with a bachelor's from any regionally accredited school must "Complete a minimum of 24 additional credits in the area of study/core for a second bachelor’s degree beyond the date the most recent degree was completed."

So you'll need 24 sh in the titled subject of your degree earned after completion of the ERAU BS. Between that, and the fact that your BS in Aeronautics probably overlaps a great deal, a second bachelor's in Aviation Maintenance Technology doesn't seem like that good a fit. Even if it were technically possible, TESC might rule it out as too closely duplicative.

On your other area of interest, business administration, you'll learn much by searching this board, and on the Degree Forum Wiki. For instance, the DF Wiki has sample degree plans for a TESC BSBA in General Management by bricabrac, and another by Levi. Or here's burbuja0512's plan for a BS with concentration in Business Administration from Charter Oak State College. COSC, and Excelsior College, work in a similar way to TESC.
Jonathan Whatley Wrote:Well, there's a great big caveat for a student in Jeff's position:

TESC's Second Bachelor's Degree policy. A student with a bachelor's from any regionally accredited school must "Complete a minimum of 24 additional credits in the area of study/core for a second bachelor’s degree beyond the date the most recent degree was completed."

So you'll need 24 sh in the titled subject of your degree earned after completion of the ERAU BS. Between that, and the fact that your BS in Aeronautics probably overlaps a great deal, a second bachelor's in Aviation Maintenance Technology doesn't seem like that good a fit. Even if it were technically possible, TESC might rule it out as too closely duplicative.

On your other area of interest, business administration, you'll learn much by searching this board, and on the Degree Forum Wiki. For instance, the DF Wiki has sample degree plans for a TESC BSBA in General Management by bricabrac, and another by Levi. Or here's burbuja0512's plan for a BS with concentration in Business Administration from Charter Oak State College. COSC, and Excelsior College, work in a similar way to TESC.

So, in the event that you opt for a business degree, have you run the numbers? I think you're looking at at least $6000 (maybe more like $8000) if you can bring in everything except your business core and test as much as you can in the core. Granted, that's not an expensive degree, but it's also a chunk of change to keep yourself busy this summer. Smile
Thank you for the help guys. So from what I gather, aviation mx is out. That's fine with me. I think I might persue the business admin or management degree just to have something outside of aviation. Yep, thinking future although I will stay in the Air Force as long as they'll let me. Thank again everyone!
Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle projected 2014
B.S Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle 2012
A.A.S Aviation Maintenance Technology, CCAF 2011
A.A.S Instructor of Military Science, CCAF 2011

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nuclear Associates Degree natshar 20 4,759 10-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,349 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Earning a Degree as a Nuclear ET natshar 3 2,034 09-15-2018, 09:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degree for free jshzglr 26 9,000 12-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  Army Staff and Management College heinleineken 1 1,722 05-21-2015, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  TESC Automatic Military Credit Eval Prloko 2 1,431 04-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  My Degree Path dposborne 7 2,830 02-24-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  TESC MDCP question GMT 5 1,302 09-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: GMT
  How to get a signed degree plan from TESC for MilTA? (USAF) OfficerA 6 1,970 08-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Post 9/11 and TESC 50% Eligibility mm1988 14 2,073 10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Vandalet