Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Official Evaluation for BSBA missing Straighterline courses
I just had an evaluation for Excelsior's BSBA come back missing Microeconomics and Macroeconomics from Straighterline. I know they received the transcript from ACE because they recorded a math class that was on the same transcript. Neither economics course was listed on my MAP as accepted or rejected. I have sent a message to my advisor to see if it was an oversight. I will update the thread when I get a response. I hope this is not a "core requirements" issue since Excelsior's own course equivalency document lists them as equivalent to the core classes.

As a side issue, the Business Ethics DSST is listed as Humanities credits rather than business credits.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
It's not an oversight. They won't accept economics straight from Straighterline. It's one of the many reasons I am pissed at Excelsior - Thank God for TESC. Excelsior's reason is Straighterline list them as Economics 1 and Economics 2 and that does not match what ACE has listed and I needed to send an ACE. So for the 3rd time, I had to resend an ACE transcript to Straighterline. They received it since the 17th of March and have yet to update my record - not that I care since I jumped over to TESC, but I am curious if they will accept it.
Wow, I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. The credits missing were from an ACE transcript, but my advisor has fixed the problem. I am very critical of Excelsior, but this time I don't have any complaints. My official evaluation was completed in a week and when I noticed the missing straighterline courses, they were fixed the next day. Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come with this advisor. I have had mixed results in the past.
That is weird, all my classes were always accepted directly from the SL transcript.
Usually when EC does not apply credits such will be stated in the "credits not applied" section of your MAP; which will usually detail why they're not included in your degree. I ran into a similar problem were one of my credits from Ace (Aleks) was not applied, after a quick email such was corrected by my advisor in 24 hours. I have recently received quick responses, and action from the liberal arts department in regard to my concerns (transcripts being evaluated, and courses being added as soon as transcripts arrive), a totally different shift in the long wait times as before.
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
I have noticed quick responses from my new Business advisor as well. The Technology department took a month to complete my evaluation, but the Business folks had it done in less than a week.
UptonSinclair Wrote:The Technology department took a month to complete my evaluation

Was that your evaluation after you enrolled?
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
Yes, it was actually my 4th evaluation since I enrolled. I have a small problem with indecision.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies badooble 42 14,665 09-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,472 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,786 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,052 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,100 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,092 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,687 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,298 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,044 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,513 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman