Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a signed degree plan from TESC for MilTA? (USAF)
Good evening all,

I'm switching over my degree plan in AFVEC, as I have time to kill at my new work center not to mention it's such a hassle to actually do so.

My problem at this time however is that apparently I will need a signature (wet or digital) on the actual degree plan, for it to be recognized at a valid one by our education office. I brought this up months ago when I emailed TESC, but they told me that the academic evaluation is enough, and they will not be signing anything.

For those who got TA for TESC, how did you all get this accomplished?

Thanks.
OfficerA Wrote:Good evening all,

I'm switching over my degree plan in AFVEC, as I have time to kill at my new work center not to mention it's such a hassle to actually do so.

My problem at this time however is that apparently I will need a signature (wet or digital) on the actual degree plan, for it to be recognized at a valid one by our education office. I brought this up months ago when I emailed TESC, but they told me that the academic evaluation is enough, and they will not be signing anything.

For those who got TA for TESC, how did you all get this accomplished?

Thanks.

I work as academic adviser at a college where 60% of students are member of the USAF. I have had very few requests for signed degree plans. In 9 out 10 of them just my name and contact information added to the bottom of the degree plan has been enough for the ed office to accept it for TA. There was only once instance where I had to actually print the plan sign it scan it and then send it to the learner.

Not a signature but the name of the adviser and contact information should be enough. I do several degree plans a day without a problem.

I hope that helps.

Perico
perriquit Wrote:I work as academic adviser at a college where 60% of students are member of the USAF. I have had very few requests for signed degree plans. In 9 out 10 of them just my name and contact information added to the bottom of the degree plan has been enough for the ed office to accept it for TA. There was only once instance where I had to actually print the plan sign it scan it and then send it to the learner.

Not a signature but the name of the adviser and contact information should be enough. I do several degree plans a day without a problem.

I hope that helps.

Perico

Good to hear. I actually got a call myself today from one of the advisers from our education office here on base, and she found a way to get my degree plan through without needing a signature, conceding that some schools will not have the signature, but will still be able to produce degree plans.

Now my only challenge is explaining how I still have CLEP/DSST/TECEPs to complete...
when I used TA, just the degree plan from TESC was good enough. No signature necessary.
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
OfficerA Wrote:Now my only challenge is explaining how I still have CLEP/DSST/TECEPs to complete...

Why is that a challenge? you just take the test send the transcripts and request a new degree plan and upload it.
perriquit Wrote:Why is that a challenge? you just take the test send the transcripts and request a new degree plan and upload it.

The same person who helped me out is running into problems transcribing courses, despite spending the time with me going over my degree plan from TESC.

What I'd like to do now is take the regular classes I have to take, while I still have CLEP/DSST/TECEPs remaining afterward, so I can max out my TA before the next fiscal year starts.

Somehow, this person managed to get 126 credit remaining (despite only 120 being needed for the degree), and for my core courses she made it seem like I still have quite a few to take care of, most of them already done. I'm kind of worried, as the classes I need TA for she didn't list, so I'll be trying to fix this again this week.
OfficerA Wrote:The same person who helped me out is running into problems transcribing courses, despite spending the time with me going over my degree plan from TESC.

What I'd like to do now is take the regular classes I have to take, while I still have CLEP/DSST/TECEPs remaining afterward, so I can max out my TA before the next fiscal year starts.

Somehow, this person managed to get 126 credit remaining (despite only 120 being needed for the degree), and for my core courses she made it seem like I still have quite a few to take care of, most of them already done. I'm kind of worried, as the classes I need TA for she didn't list, so I'll be trying to fix this again this week.

To alleviate the miscommunication between you and your education officer what you might do is send an email to TESC Advising through the helpdesk ticket system. Ask them to add the courses you still need to take for TA as Planned Credit. Be sure to include all courses you need approved for this year. The courses will remain on the evaluation until either you've completed the course or you ask for its removal. You can also request they add any exams you will be taking over the next semester as well. If necessary for a clean degreeplan, you can also add the courses you've already taken that have not yet been processed. Then print out a new academic evaluation and submit for processing.

Hope this helps!

Here are a few examples of what the different courses/exams wlll look like on your academic evaluation.

Courses/exams in progress (IP) or are expected (PL/PR):
2.. SOS-110... Living in the Information (3.00) ___ *IP
2.. PSY-363... Industrial Psychology.... (3.00) ___ *PR
2.. ECO-112 Microeconomics........... (3.00) --- ECO-112 *PL *TE
2.. ECO-111 Macroeconomics........... (3.00) --- ECO-111 *PL *TE

IP = In progress
PR = Preregistered (TESC Courses/TECEPs)
PL TE = Planned Exam/Courses (DSST/CLEP/SL..etc)

Once the courses are completed or transcripts arrive and are evaluated the courses are then updated:
2.. SOS-110... Living in the Information 3.00 A
2.. PSY-363... Industrial Psychology.... 3.00 CR
1.. ECFI202 Principles of Economics M 3.00 B ECO-111 *TE
1.. ECFI201 Principles of Economics M 3.00 A ECO-112 *TE

CR = TECEPs/e-Pack/CBE
Graded Credit = TESC OL/GS Courses / Transfer Credit (Note: GPA, TESC Only)
NE = Testing/ACE Credit
TE = Transfer Credit
CC TE = Community College Transfer Credit

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nuclear Associates Degree natshar 20 4,790 10-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,394 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Earning a Degree as a Nuclear ET natshar 3 2,060 09-15-2018, 09:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degree for free jshzglr 26 9,068 12-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  Need Help Evaluating this plan for BS Liberal Arts Excelsior ajv254 5 1,699 01-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  TESC Automatic Military Credit Eval Prloko 2 1,444 04-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  My Degree Path dposborne 7 2,848 02-24-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  USAF and the ACT OfficerA 1 940 01-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Last Post: smf6824
  TESC MDCP question GMT 5 1,315 09-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: GMT
  (USAF) Other than instructor duty and cross-training (I think), what's CCAF for? OfficerA 5 1,654 05-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Prloko