Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strategic Management TECEP
have to graduate this winter so it looks like I'll be taking the full priced class
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

I would definitely give a call tomorrow and try to get into the TECEP again. It won't hurt anything to try and could save you a lot of money. If you can get in, you'll have until the end of August to take it.
Good afternoon everyone!

I am a lurker to this site and have never posted, but felt inclined to give a public thank you to you all! I recently began my journey again to completing my bachelor's, which was stopped due to life and children! Lol Because of you all, I read that they were canceling the TECEP for BUS-421, which I knew I needed for the BSBA in GM. I called TESU on the Friday before the June term started and received assistance on applying, getting accepted, and registering for the exam all in the same day! I was well past the deadline, but took the leap of faith anyhow just to see if they could get me in and it worked! I then read all of your feedback on here and reached out to bricabrac for the notes and saved the cram.com site of the lists. I must say, I have started this journey completely backwards! Although the majority of my General Ed is complete, I do not have many business classes beyond Personal Finance, which I completed on the Guardian Scholarship. (Which I found out about from this site!) So coming from someone with hardly any previous business experience, I figured I would give my opinion. I only had about 1 1/2 weeks to study because I needed to complete the exam before my child started school. I studied for about an hour a day. I loosely read through the 18th ed book, but honestly, found it overwhelming. I mainly studied bricabrac's notes and the TECEP outline and then found the information in the book for further understanding. I then memorized the lists, and studied the IC Flashcards. I will say that the lists along with bricabrac's notes and with the ADDITIONAL FEEDBACK that was provided with the notes, was key in helping me on this test. The IC flashcards were great for the MC section. I did have one short answer that I was unsure of and did not provide specific examples in my essay, but still passed with a 75% and am not disappointed in that at all! Like you all said, it's very doable! I took the test on Sunday, and received my grade on Tuesday and it was applied to my evaluation today. Thank you again for the contributions to this site that help many of us reach our goals! I truly appreciate you all! Smile
mooreashes Wrote:Good afternoon everyone!

...I did have one short answer that I was unsure of and did not provide specific examples in my essay, but still passed with a 75% and am not disappointed in that at all! Like you all said, it's very doable! I took the test on Sunday, and received my grade on Tuesday and it was applied to my evaluation today. Thank you again for the contributions to this site that help many of us reach our goals! I truly appreciate you all! Smile

Good afternoon. Nice first post! What wonderful news, strong work!! Awesome score achieved, especially without any prior business courses. You obviously did a great job preparing by using all available study materials. Congratulations!!! cheersmate

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Zachcleigh Wrote:have to graduate this winter so it looks like I'll be taking the full priced class

I agree with ndelcollo, schedule a retest. It will give you ample time to study the materials thoroughly. If you feel the test wasn't your thing, the course is a lot of work but the student reviews all state the same results, they learned a lot and found the course rewarding.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
WOAH! This is an amazing post! I've been doing this for a bit now and I also bought the 18th edition and I am feeling completely overwhelmed and well.. frankly? bored.

Your post gives me hope! I'll dive in to the notes with renewed vigor! Good job and thank you!

mooreashes Wrote:Good afternoon everyone!

I am a lurker to this site and have never posted, but felt inclined to give a public thank you to you all! I recently began my journey again to completing my bachelor's, which was stopped due to life and children! Lol Because of you all, I read that they were canceling the TECEP for BUS-421, which I knew I needed for the BSBA in GM. I called TESU on the Friday before the June term started and received assistance on applying, getting accepted, and registering for the exam all in the same day! I was well past the deadline, but took the leap of faith anyhow just to see if they could get me in and it worked! I then read all of your feedback on here and reached out to bricabrac for the notes and saved the cram.com site of the lists. I must say, I have started this journey completely backwards! Although the majority of my General Ed is complete, I do not have many business classes beyond Personal Finance, which I completed on the Guardian Scholarship. (Which I found out about from this site!) So coming from someone with hardly any previous business experience, I figured I would give my opinion. I only had about 1 1/2 weeks to study because I needed to complete the exam before my child started school. I studied for about an hour a day. I loosely read through the 18th ed book, but honestly, found it overwhelming. I mainly studied bricabrac's notes and the TECEP outline and then found the information in the book for further understanding. I then memorized the lists, and studied the IC Flashcards. I will say that the lists along with bricabrac's notes and with the ADDITIONAL FEEDBACK that was provided with the notes, was key in helping me on this test. The IC flashcards were great for the MC section. I did have one short answer that I was unsure of and did not provide specific examples in my essay, but still passed with a 75% and am not disappointed in that at all! Like you all said, it's very doable! I took the test on Sunday, and received my grade on Tuesday and it was applied to my evaluation today. Thank you again for the contributions to this site that help many of us reach our goals! I truly appreciate you all! Smile
Great post! Very encouraging! All the best on your journey!
I have a feeling that most of us who are passing multiple Davar exams will find the TECEP is very manageable, especially since the cut off is 60% instead of 70% Smile Especially if you are taking the Davar exams which are related in some way.

I planning to take a different business TECEP first, to get an idea. It will be one that has essay questions. It will also be my first experience with ProctorU. I didn't want the Strategic Mgmt test to be my first experience with them, even though I know the proctors can vary a lot. (Saylor would have been another way to get ProctorU experience.)

I have switched to the 18th edition also, even though I had already a bunch of the 16th.

bricabrac Wrote:I agree with ndelcollo, schedule a retest. It will give you ample time to study the materials thoroughly. If you feel the test wasn't your thing, the course is a lot of work but the student reviews all state the same results, they learned a lot and found the course rewarding.

How do you schedule a retest? I was told that you cant schedule a retest if you dont pass because they dont offer the exam anymore. Is that wrong?
testchamp Wrote:How do you schedule a retest? I was told that you cant schedule a retest if you dont pass because they dont offer the exam anymore. Is that wrong?

I would call the registrar or the testing office. Since it is school policy to allow a retake they may just need to handle it manually. Hopefully they can get you signed up immediately for the July term.

July 17 term
Late registration: June 18-July 2, 2017
Term Start Date: July 3, 2017
Term ends: Sept. 24, 2017

Office of Test Administration, testing@tesu.edu (609) 984-1181 ext. 2240
Office of the Registrar, registrar@tesu.edu (609) 984-1180, ext. 3180 or (609) 633-9242

Can also fax the registration form:
http://www.tesu.edu/documents/TECEP_regi...n_form.pdf

http://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/TE...t-Info.cfm
http://www.tesu.edu/academics/Undergrad-Calendar.cfm

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,798 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,034 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,199 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,846 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,513 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,838 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,748 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,269 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,929 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,557 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew