Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PENN FOSTER -Information Literacy (1 Credit)
For those of us enrolled at EC, Information Literacy is a 1 credit Requirement and I think EC is quite pricey for 1 credit.

I just confirmed and have approval from my Advisor at EC, that Penn Foster ENG 103 Information Literacy (1 Credit) will satisfy EC's information Literacy.

The Goodness is that it Cost $75 for all the expenses, shipping included

I called Maribeth at Penn Foster and registered immediately.

Hopefully this will help those who wanting to save a few dollars

Mapalo
[SIZE="3"]This is great $$$ news for all EC students!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Fantastic work Mapalo, that is a great help.
Hey mapalo, That's Great!! Please tell us how quickly you were able to earn that credit. ... and how difficult it is.Big Grin
[SIZE="4"]auminer49r[/SIZE]

Completed a B.S. in General Business
at Excelsior College (3.86 GPA)

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

... But, I'm still sticking around...Smile
mapalo Wrote:For those of us enrolled at EC, Information Literacy is a 1 credit Requirement and I think EC is quite pricey for 1 credit.

The Goodness is that it Cost $75 for all the expenses, shipping included

Mapalo
WOW, what a deal. I wish I would have known about this!
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
auminer49r Wrote:Hey mapalo, That's Great!! Please tell us how quickly you were able to earn that credit. ... and how difficult it is.Big Grin

Auminer49r,

I just got approval yesterday, and registered today, so I am waiting for the study Material to come in the Mail.
As soon as I get done with it, I will post a feedback.
Mapalo,
Maybe this is one time where my procrastination paid off! I am very interested in the info lit through Penn Foster. What are the requirements (how long, how many lessons, is there a proctored exam, etc.) Do you have any details about this right now?
Thanks for digging this up!
Johanna Wrote:Mapalo,
Maybe this is one time where my procrastination paid off! I am very interested in the info lit through Penn Foster. What are the requirements (how long, how many lessons, is there a proctored exam, etc.) Do you have any details about this right now?
Thanks for digging this up!

Johanna there are no requirements, I just called Maribeth today and registered, all I know right now is that the total cost for everything is $75 and advisor approved. I have to wait until my material comes that's a week or so then I will let you know.

The cost and approval from advisor was the deciding factor for me, as for the rest I guess I will cross the bridge when I get there.

I will keep you posted

Mapalo
mapalo Wrote:Johanna there are no requirements, I just called Maribeth today and registered, all I know right now is that the total cost for everything is $75 and advisor approved. I have to wait until my material comes that's a week or so then I will let you know.

The cost and approval from advisor was the deciding factor for me, as for the rest I guess I will cross the bridge when I get there.

I will keep you posted

Mapalo
Mapalo,

Do you have any feedback on this course? I was just curious if you have completed it.
never2late
(To get a degree)

Enrolled-ECE BS-General Business

Current study:
CSU-Ops Management
STRLN-Business Communication

55 Credits Earned (so far) 22 tests to go:
Tests
Pass
CLEP
Financial Acct, A&I Lit, Info Systems, Prin of Management, Intro to Sociology
DSST
ALEKS
College Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Intro to Statistics
STRAIGHTERLINE
Prin of MacroEconomics

ECE Info Literacy

B&M Classes
Managerial Acct, Freshman Comp, Nutrition, Human Cultural Geo, Philosophy, Business Math, Elem Algebra, Speech
I just enrolled to take this class with P/F. It is simple enough to register and she (Mary Beth) thought it was one or possibly two lessons, and then a proctored exam. Proctor needs to be a non-relative with a minimum of an associate's degree so that should be easy as well. The lessons can be completed online and she thought it could be done within a week. Total cost is 75 dollars, that includes the fee for the proctored exam. I will let you know once I get it completed but it sounds quick and simple and Excelsior approved it for the info/lit requirement.
Thanks Mapalo - I would not have found this course without your help and I just hated spending the money that Excelsior charges for their info/lit. This works out much better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 855 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 438 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 487 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,440 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 311 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 594 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain