Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business in Society TECEP Feedback Please
I am planning on taking the Business in Society TECEP as soon as I can. What advice do you have for studying for this exam?
BSBA and ASBA in Marketing through TESU Sept '16. 0 credits to go!:hurray: God bless!
Tested out of:
CLEP: Principles of Marketing, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, College Composition, College Mathematics, College Algebra, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Human Resource Management, and Introductory Sociology.
DSST: Principles of Statistics, Principles of Finance, Introduction to Computing, Introduction to Business, Principles of Supervision, Introduction to World Religions, and Ethics in America.
Penn Foster: Supply Chain Management (92%), Marketing Research (96%), Business Law (89%), and Strategic Business Management (92%)
Other: 35 credits completed at a community college
Registered for these TECEPs: April term- Technical Writing (90%) and Public Relations Thought and Practice (67%)
May term: Managerial Communications (72%), Business in Society (65%), Sales Management (74%), and Marketing Communications (77%)
June term: Operations Management
Any input on marketing communications? I'm registered for that one in June
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate
ftsfour1 Wrote:Any input on marketing communications? I'm registered for that one in June

I am registered for that Exam in the May term so I will let you know how it goes when I take it. I may not take it until the end of June or the beginning of July though.
BSBA and ASBA in Marketing through TESU Sept '16. 0 credits to go!:hurray: God bless!
Tested out of:
CLEP: Principles of Marketing, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, College Composition, College Mathematics, College Algebra, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Human Resource Management, and Introductory Sociology.
DSST: Principles of Statistics, Principles of Finance, Introduction to Computing, Introduction to Business, Principles of Supervision, Introduction to World Religions, and Ethics in America.
Penn Foster: Supply Chain Management (92%), Marketing Research (96%), Business Law (89%), and Strategic Business Management (92%)
Registered for these TECEPs: April term- Technical Writing (90%) and Public Relations Thought and Practice (67%)
May term: Managerial Communications (72%), Business in Society (65%), Sales Management (74%), and Marketing Communications (77%)
I just finished making a flashcard set for this exam and plan to take it early next week. I used terms from chapters 1-16, but skipped chapters 17-19 since they only make up 5% of the exam. I will post about the exam once I have taken it and received my final score. https://quizlet.com/_2c3jz8
Tested out of:
runnergirlnae Wrote:I just finished making a flashcard set for this exam and plan to take it early next week. I used terms from chapters 1-16, but skipped chapters 17-19 since they only make up 5% of the exam. I will post about the exam once I have taken it and received my final score. https://quizlet.com/_2c3jz8

This is awesome stuff!! You wouldn't happen to have made more of these for other exams have you? :p
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:This is awesome stuff!! You wouldn't happen to have made more of these for other exams have you? :p

Thank you! Big Grin I haven't made the flashcards for other exams. I have four more TECEP exams to take besides this exam, so I may make sets for those exams. They are: Marketing Communications, Managerial Communications, Sales Management, and Operations Management.
Tested out of:
runnergirlnae Wrote:Thank you! Big Grin I haven't made the flashcards for other exams. I have four more TECEP exams to take besides this exam, so I may make sets for those exams. They are: Marketing Communications, Managerial Communications, Sales Management, and Operations Management.

Doh! I was going to take the TECEP for Marketing Communications, but decided on the TECEP Advertising as it's all multiple choice.
I may just need the Marketing Communications and Sales Management later if I decide the CIS/Marketing concentration instead...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would have taken the Advertising TECEP instead, but I took that course at a community college so I had to stick with the TECEPs that I have planned. I will definitely let you know how they go for me and pass along the flashcards if I make any.
Tested out of:
I used the notes from the DSST and IC flash cards to pass this TECEP. Same concepts were on the TECEP as the DSST version. It was very similar in my opinion.
TESC BSBA - GM July 1, 2015 Catalog 120.66 credits
GE - Complete
ALEKS - College Algebra 10/15, PreCalc 11/15, Inter Algebra 11/2015
SL - World Religions 11/15, American Government, Business Ethics 12/2015
CC- 42 credits 1996-98
Free Ethics 12/2015
DSST - Public Speaking 435/pass 1/2016
Core - Complete
Kaplan - Business Law 2005, Principles of Management 2005
SL - Acct 1, Acct 2, Org Behavior 12/2015 Macroeconomics 1/2016
DSST- Intro to Computing 450, Principles of Finance 400 1/2016
Saylor - Principles of Marketing 74 1/2016
TECEP - Business & Society 3/2016
Penn Foster - Strategic Management
Electives - COMPLETE
CC- 6 credits
SL - Cost Acct, Org Behavior 12/2015 Intermediate Accounting 1/2016
DSST - HRM 480, MIS 448 1/2016
TECEP - Advertising

:willynilly: TESU - BSBA COMPLETED :willynilly:
75 credits in less than three months using this forum
I received my score back this morning and I passed with a 65%. The short answer questions were very specific, but the essays were fairly general topics. I used the textbook to make the flashcards that are posted on this thread. I went through the set about four times and decided to take the exam. It was fairly difficult, but as long as you know all of the terms inside and out you should be fine.
Tested out of:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,036 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,781 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,019 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,188 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,831 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,828 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,735 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,682 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,463 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa