Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business in Society TECEP Feedback Please
I found my score this morning and passed with a 61%. Needless to say it was very close. The short answers are indeed very specific so it's good to commit to memory as many lists and concepts as you can.
Thank you!

runnergirlnae Wrote:I just finished making a flashcard set for this exam and plan to take it early next week. I used terms from chapters 1-16, but skipped chapters 17-19 since they only make up 5% of the exam. I will post about the exam once I have taken it and received my final score. https://quizlet.com/_2c3jz8
How important is it to get the current edition textbook for this tecep? The syllabus says current ed., but I'm not sure if the teceps actually keep up with the latest editions? The newest 10th ed, copyright 2018, is way more $$ compared to the 9th ed. I also found a Study Guide to accompany the textbook, 8th ed, by Cram101...how accurate/worthwhile would that be?

Also, is PF's International Business still an option for this requirement? At $330, it's pricey, but I may go with it just to avoid this stupid test anxiety, bc I'm not too keen on another exam w/ my grade riding on short answers & essays! The syllabus doesn't say if the required textbooks are included or not, does anyone know?

I know Study offers an equivalent course as well, but I'm thinking of either the tecep or PF. Those are the only options, right? If anyone who's taken either course could PM me, that'd be awesome...

EDIT: Is it considered a not-great idea for this UL course to be taken at a non-regionally accredited institution (PF)?
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:How important is it to get the current edition textbook for this tecep? The syllabus says current ed., but I'm not sure if the teceps actually keep up with the latest editions? The newest 10th ed, copyright 2018, is way more $$ compared to the 9th ed. I also found a Study Guide to accompany the textbook, 8th ed, by Cram101...how accurate/worthwhile would that be?

Also, is PF's International Mgmt still an option for this requirement? At $330, it's pricey, but I may go with it just to avoid this stupid test anxiety, bc I'm not too keen on another exam w/ my grade riding on short answers & essays! The syllabus doesn't say if the required textbooks are included or not, does anyone know?

I know Study offers an equivalent course as well, but I'm thinking of either the tecep or PF. Those are the only options, right? If anyone who's taken either course could PM me, that'd be awesome...

I think that Davar has a test in International Management that would work.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
keepsingin Wrote:How important is it to get the current edition textbook for this tecep? The syllabus says current ed., but I'm not sure if the teceps actually keep up with the latest editions? The newest 10th ed, copyright 2018, is way more $$ compared to the 9th ed. I also found a Study Guide to accompany the textbook, 8th ed, by Cram101...how accurate/worthwhile would that be?

Also, is PF's International Mgmt still an option for this requirement? At $330, it's pricey, but I may go with it just to avoid this stupid test anxiety, bc I'm not too keen on another exam w/ my grade riding on short answers & essays! The syllabus doesn't say if the required textbooks are included or not, does anyone know?

I took this TECEP a few months back and used an older edition of the recommended textbook. I didn't have any problems passing using it, although I wouldn't get one that is too far out of date(like 3+ years).
BSBA GM - TESU, 2017
120 credits applied using CLEP, DSST, Saylor, and TECEP exams - see my bio for exact exams!

When I took the exam in January, I used the 9th ed., which at that time was the current edition. Unless they've updated the exam since then, the 9th would still be valid. (Looks like the 10th ed. just came out, if it's got a 2018 copyright.)

At that time, I guessed that I could probably have gotten by by with the 8th ed. None of the topics I saw were super-current; I don't recall anything more recent than around 2008-2009, e.g., Dodd-Frank and the Great Recession. The essay questions especially weren't particularly topical.

Of course, if they've updated the exam since January, that would change things.

I sent you a PM.

A few members chose the PF course and, by all accounts, seem to have had a good experience.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thanks for all the replies! I'm sorta leaning towards taking the tecep, do any of you have suggested study material to share besides the recommended textbook?
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:Thanks for all the replies! I'm sorta leaning towards taking the tecep, do any of you have suggested study material to share besides the recommended textbook?
quizzes
Book Companion Site
games, flashcards
Book Companion Site

https://quizlet.com/141253604/business-i...ash-cards/

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
[-] The following 1 user Likes bricabrac's post:
  • inkleind

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,685 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,052 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,802 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,036 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,199 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,846 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,838 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,851 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,700 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,499 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa