Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS College Algebra - Completed, but not Accepted by Coastline
If you visit websites where a business or company is selling ACE-evaluated credit, they all sing the same party line (a copy/paste from ACE) that promises something like 1400 schools that "accept" ACE credit. I think it's completely fraudulent. That list includes schools that do NOT accept ACE credit, I know that first hand.
If you want a way to really assess a realistic list, go into the partner college lists of companies Straighterline, Saylor, CollegePlus/Lumerit and Alternative Credit Project. This is a more realistic list, and it's well under 200 colleges.
Over 2,000 colleges do accept ACE credits, but most of them only accept them for military training and/or CLEP and DSST. The root of the misunderstanding comes from ACE and not the companies advertising what ACE says. When a company decides to pay for an ACE evaluation, which costs a lot of money (most of these companies are not targeting the general public, but rather their own employees and certain professions), they are being convinced by what ACE tells them. If anyone should be accused of fraudulence, it should be ACE. However, I don't think ACE does this on purpose. They're just not keeping track of which colleges in its network will only accept ACE credits for military training.

Quote:The ACE CREDIT College and University Network is a group of more than 2,000 higher education institutions that consider ACE credit recommendations and other credit for prior learning options for transfer to degree programs.

The ACE CREDIT College and University Network

So, think about yourself starting a company that offers courses for college credits. When deciding whether nor not you're going to pay thousands of dollars for an ACE evaluation, where are you going to get your information for acceptance? My guess would be from ACE. These companies are not making this number up. Just because a school will not accept your Straighterline course does not mean the school does not accept ACE credits. Accepting CLEP, DSST, and military training is accepting ACE credits, and it is accurate that thousands of colleges do accept these alternative forms of earning college credits. Fraudulence is a serious accusation to make, especially when there is no basis for it.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I'd also like to point out that NCCRS has 1,500 cooperating colleges, and they don't have the military training and CLEP/DSST/AP problem. These colleges wanting to participate have to fill out a form on the New York government's education website because NCCRS is officially a part of the University of the State of New York. If a college decides it does not want to accept NCCRS credits after asking to become a cooperating college, then that is not NCCRS' fault. They have no way of knowing that unless a college asks to be removed from the list. If an organization with courses that are NCCRS-approved advertises that 1,500 colleges will consider accepting NCCRS credits and that turns out to not be true, that is not their fault. All they have to go off of is a list of colleges that that said they would consider accepting NCCRS credits.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Not all schools will take ACE. But I like ACE recommendation for credits over DSST, or even CLEP. Any testing or coursework that I can take remotely is more favorable for me. It all depends on the institution you want to transfer to.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TrailRunr Wrote:We need to do a better job of putting disclaimers for non-traditional credits like ALEKS stating that most colleges will not take accept these in red and large font at the very beginning. Nobody should be wasting time and money.[/U]

Folks should be completing their own due diligence. I spend a lot of time on here working up plans and answering questions, many others as well. I cannot know the ins and outs of every college in America. I refute the idea that because this person spent $20/month on credits not acceptable to their chosen school that I have to alter how I provide information.

If this is important to YOU though, feel free to run down the major threads on Aleks and add your voice to the discussion.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
The partner college lists potentially gives you less than half of the schools that accept ACE credits. Even though Straighterline only has a partnership with around 100 colleges, over 400 colleges have accepted their credits in addition to the partner colleges. I can attest to at least one example of a non-partner college accepting Straighterline credits. Central Texas College told me that they would accept Straighterline courses. They have a general policy of considering ACE recommendations. My educated guess is that there are at least 500 colleges that accept non-military, ACE credits. That is a very conservative estimate based on SL numbers.

Online College Credit Transfer: How It Works | StraighterLine

Sorry. I can attest to at least two examples of Straighterline being accepted by a non-partner college. If you click on the drop down list of other colleges at the link above, you will find University of Texas at Austin listed. On their website, one can verify that University of Texas at Austin does accept SL courses for at least its nursing programs.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
rebel100 Wrote:Folks should be completing their own due diligence. I spend a lot of time on here working up plans and answering questions, many others as well. I cannot know the ins and outs of every college in America. I refute the idea that because this person spent $20/month on credits not acceptable to their chosen school that I have to alter how I provide information.

If this is important to YOU though, feel free to run down the major threads on Aleks and add your voice to the discussion.

I agree 1000%!!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 529 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,185 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,539 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,934 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 234 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 501 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 392 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 731 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 205 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 248 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP