Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA IT Review/Progress + Application Fee Waiver
Officially start the MBA ITM at WGU this week! Goal is to keep you updated and let you see if WGU is right for you.
I will update this thread as I progress through the classes at WGU. After you have enrolled and finished your orientation, all the material (for all classes) will be visible to you. As you know, some classes will be objective based (O) (Proctored test) and others will be performance - (P) (Written Assignments)

I am shooting for 6 months, but we will see how that goes. I don't think I am as motivated as others are.

CLASSES:

Managing Organizations and Leading People - C200 (P)
Received the material on the 15th of July, took me about 3 days to write a 12 Page paper and a 7 Page Paper for the course. Waiting to turn the assignment in on the 1st.

IT Project Management - MGT2 (P)
Started this course about the 19th of August. It is a lot more work than the first course. You will be acting as the Project Manager for an organization designing a system. There are 3 Tasks, probably about 25-35 Pages of typing + some charts and diagrams need to be created. Class was demotivating but looks like I will push through to finish before the course start on August 1st.

Managing Human Capital - C202 (O)
(HAVE NOT STARTED)
Global Economics for Managers -C211 (O)
(HAVE NOT STARTED)
Accounting for Decision Makers - C213 (O)
(HAVE NOT STARTED)
Marketing - C212 (P)
(HAVE NOT STARTED)
Ethical Leadership - C206 (P)+(O)
(HAVE NOT STARTED)
Financial Management - C214 (O)
(HAVE NOT STARTED)
Data-Driven Decision Making - C207 (P)+(O)
(HAVE NOT STARTED)
IT Strategic Solutions - MMT2 (P)
(HAVE NOT STARTED)
MBA, Information Technology Management Capstone - C218 (P)
(HAVE NOT STARTED)

If you are looking to start a program at WGU, it is pretty simple. For the MBA program all I needed to send was the transcript from the school I graduated from. There are a handful of scholarships that will save you about $750 a term that you should look to see if you qualify for. For Military, they only allowed me to sign up for 3 courses (So TA only covered $2,250 out of the $3,395) Here is a link to an application waiver (...and I get a $20 amazon gift card). http://refer.wgu.edu/v2/share/6310840362...6c2e636f6d I wish I would have seen one of these on the board before, the feedback I have seen from Mednat, Passit1, and others have been so helpful.

Hope this helps, I will update the page as I move through the program. Thank you to everyone on this site for your support. I wouldn't have finished my Bachelors without you.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
Won't let me edit my post?

Well, I am now waiting for my webcam to come in the mail to take the C202 Objective Assesment (might be awhile, I am in Japan)
C200 is complete Smile
MGT2 returned 1 of my 3 tasks to do some minor edits. Should be completed when they grade it again. (~3 Days)

If I don't get the webcam in a day or two, I may take the C202 test with my local proctor on base.
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
Falling behind my personal schedule but ahead of my mentor’s “6-month plan”. I have found myself procrastinating a lot when it comes to the objective assignments (waiting for mentor to open the test, “studying”, etc…)

C202 is passed now (barely)
Common sense on this test will get you about a 60%. (67% is passing) the proctored test is very similar to the practice test. However, the questions are not repeats. I passed just by reading flashcards and studying my weak objective from the practice test feedback.
Total time spent studying was about ~8 or so hours over a week + the time for practice tests.
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
Little update, had no desire to do any work in the past month, took a little break but passed Global Economics for Managers -C211. Started typing the Marketing project today.
Class was just an objective test and the pre-test was significantly easier than the final. I failed it with a 64 on my first try (65 is passing..fml) passed it with a 72% 3 or so days later. The class was heavier on decision making rather than strictly economics
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
Are you still in this program gingerbeeFe? Are the writing assignments very involved? Where do you find sources to use for these writing tasks? Is it just based off of information in the books?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cornell offers MBA application waiver for laid off workers Imbanewbie 4 693 12-11-2022, 07:42 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free APPLICATION from Havard, but it is for needs base student Imbanewbie 13 1,688 06-21-2021, 10:54 AM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,203 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100
  Smart.ly & WorldQuant - Initial DEAC Application bjcheung77 15 4,062 01-27-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Review: NDSU BIOC 2000 eriehiker 9 1,874 08-16-2019, 10:52 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share RANSOMSOUL 187 81,281 08-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Katherineklus
  NationsU Progress Thread eriehiker 6 2,495 01-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  My WGU Progress Share ftsfour1 13 4,670 10-31-2018, 04:47 PM
Last Post: ftsfour1
  Review of University of Findlay sanantone 3 1,604 07-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Review: Grad Cert Econ Educ: U.Colorado Colorado Springs eriehiker 5 2,358 05-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock