Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished Beauty School! Onto Bachelor's Degree!
Happy dancing!

Got my manicuring certification Friday!

Now I just need to take the state board exam to be a licensed nail tech in California

SOOO HAPPY to be done with that crazy school. That beauty school was STRESSFUL!

BUT no only did I finish...

I am one of only three manicurist in the whole Paul Mitchell The School enterprise to be on DEAN'S LIST!

After my state board exam I'll get started on my general education requirements! With luck I will have them all done before May when baby #3 is due. That's possible right? 6 months to 60 credits via self passed resources?

Either way I'm jumping for joy...:hurray:

Thanks for the many positive vibes you all gave me! I needed them to get through that crazy school!
I'm a mom I'm a wife
I'm pregnant with baby #3!
I'm a African American women
I'm a nail tech as of 1/6/2017!
Now onto getting my bachelors degree!
Finally the future looks bright!
Great work! You've been busy and it shows from the reward of being on the Deans list. Great job!
Yes, I think it's possible to get 60 credits (usually at the lower level) in 6 months. Keep on working!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
sweetcrabhoney Wrote:Happy dancing!

Got my manicuring certification Friday!

Now I just need to take the state board exam to be a licensed nail tech in California

SOOO HAPPY to be done with that crazy school. That beauty school was STRESSFUL!

BUT no only did I finish...

I am one of only three manicurist in the whole Paul Mitchell The School enterprise to be on DEAN'S LIST!

After my state board exam I'll get started on my general education requirements! With luck I will have them all done before May when baby #3 is due. That's possible right? 6 months to 60 credits via self passed resources?

Either way I'm jumping for joy...:hurray:

Thanks for the many positive vibes you all gave me! I needed them to get through that crazy school!

You're a rock star!
Awesome Job! Congratulations.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
That's great!!! Many congrats on finishing, Dean's List, and the new baby!!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Congratulations!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 301 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 48 9,230 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: resistk
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 570 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 506 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,568 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,729 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 537 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 942 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  School Psychologists?? Vle045 3 917 01-21-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 568 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM