Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcripts and admissions question
I was wondering how grad schools will want to see my transcripts. I have taken courses using over 10 different methods. Most of them I have added to my ace transcript, I also have a DSST that TESU accepted but I never added to my ace transcript to avoid the 30 dollar fee. Now that I will be applying to grad schools, my question is will they accept my TESU transcript or will I need to send in a separate transcript for each method (straighterline, DSST, Clep, study.com.....). Additionally, if they don't take only my TESU transcript would they take my TESU + ACE + Community college transcripts?
Any advice on this subject would be great. For now I am looking at WGU and Amberton so any experience with these 2 schools is even better.
When I applied to Georgia Tech, I had to send in my CC transcript, my TESU transcript and a University Extension transcript for a couple of courses I took (they weren't even actual college courses, but the school showed up in the national database as one I attended, so I had to submit a transcript). I did not send my CLEP, DSST, or Saylor transcripts because those entities are not schools and did not grant me college credit, TESU granted the credit, so the TESU transcript was what I needed for those. If I had had an ACE transcript, I wouldn't have sent that in either for the same reason.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
They will almost certainly want to see everything down to the ACE transcript.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
WGU probably just wants your TESC transcript because they're pretty open / just looking for if you graduated. However, most grad schools want transcripts from anyplace that confers degrees though--so community colleges and the like. I'm going to guess not ACE, since it's not a credit granting school.

Schools are pretty arbitrary on this stuff. I have the joy of including:
* TESC transcripts because I took TECEPS (most expensive transcript of the lot)
* tech school transcripts because I took some adult art classes with a bunch of seniors a few years back
* a transcript that includes only a "W" because I signed up for a course at a place and it was horrible so I dropped it
I think most schools don't care about an ACE transcript, because it's not a degree-granting institution, so it's not really a transcript in that sense. If you took courses through Coursera and got a "transcript" for all of the courses you took there, it's not actually a "transcript" in the way a school is talking about. They want transcripts from schools.

WGU accepts ACE credit, so they may be different, but I would probably just send in any school transcripts, and only send in ACE if they specifically asked about it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Rebel100 is correct and completed a masters at WGU. When I applied (it was for an undergraduate program though), WGU required ACE transcripts and CLEP/DSST scores. Most other schools don't require these even if they accept ACE, CLEP, and DSST.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
That's interesting that they wanted all that for undergrad. WGU only required my Excelsior transcript to validate I had a degree. They didn't require the other half dozen transcripts that the schools that require everything insist upon.
Cory Wrote:That's interesting that they wanted all that for undergrad. WGU only required my Excelsior transcript to validate I had a degree. They didn't require the other half dozen transcripts that the schools that require everything insist upon.
For my MBA they required EVERY transcript and I had to send a resume and have a telephone interview.....perhaps things are changing.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Cory Wrote:That's interesting that they wanted all that for undergrad. WGU only required my Excelsior transcript to validate I had a degree. They didn't require the other half dozen transcripts that the schools that require everything insist upon.

I applied this year. They wanted the source of everything that was on my TESU transcript.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I applied this year. They wanted the source of everything that was on my TESU transcript.

So like a three credit course from Sophia Learning would need a transcript or just have it appear on your ACE transcript?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  masters in UX design or human computer interaction - MOOC question Sara143 7 660 01-04-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Sara143
  Question for Amberton University MAPD/Counseling students/grads Amberlinjeanne 3 712 06-21-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Anyone know anything about Arkansas State Online? Also have a question about doctorat Randyb100 7 1,183 03-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: siersema
  Question about ENEB Big Data Masters OTmina 3 1,155 02-17-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
Big Grin Where are my Amberton peeps? Have a question suzycupcake 7 1,170 10-30-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Walden MBA transcript question Whitepines 9 1,525 07-30-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Whitepines
  Transcripts for US grad or law programs canuckian 6 868 06-21-2021, 11:59 AM
Last Post: canuckian
  Harvard Extension quality of classes question rpmranger 6 1,646 09-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Question on seminar graduate course Imbanewbie 9 1,767 08-28-2020, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Harvard Extension Admissions/Poetry In America mog538 10 2,841 04-08-2020, 09:37 PM
Last Post: mog538