Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Higher Level Math above College Algebra"
From the usual test-out places, what constitutes "Higher Level Math above College Algebra"? Are there any courses short of calc and physics that will fill this slot at TESU? Thanks!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

At TESU, ALEKS Trigonometry (NOT College Algebra with Trig) or Precalculus would fulfill that requirement.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Great, thanks! Would that apply to courses from SL also?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Straighterline Precalculus will work.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
CLEP has Precalc as well.

Physics will not fulfill any math credits, that's science.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'd do ALEKS Precalc , I found it to be easier then the College Algebra course. You can probably save a lot of time doing it this way. Just my 2 cents
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Thanks guys! Will get an evaluation soon to start planning this out.

Ok, so I have completed ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, a math 104 "Intro to Technical Mathematics"(at a community college), that means I can now do pre-cal and a stat course to fulfill the BSBA CIS requirements at TESU?

1-Intro to Tech Math (mix of geometry, trig, algebra, etc) (B&M C.C.)
2-Intermediate Algebra (aleks)

and can now do one of the following plus stats (I'm thinking statistics might be easier elsewhere...?)
1-ALEKS Precal
2-ALEKS College Algebra
3-ALEKS Trig

Is my thinking correct? It looks like intermediate algebra will be extra and pointless credits.

Math courses fill other spots, not just math. You can put them in Gen Ed or Understanding the Physical and Natural World if im not mistaken. I am trying to pile on math courses as it is one of my stronger subjects.

If I was you I'd do Precalc and Stats through ALEKS. You wont beat the price anywhere else
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Thanks guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 681 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,043 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 534 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,205 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,562 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,953 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 245 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 513 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 406 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 742 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM