Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World History TECEP Review
I posted this on the TESU category, but no one has seen it. I wanted to post my experience with the World History TECEP for those who are thinking of taking it. My credit has been posted, so I have successfully finished that TECEP!

I had posted on several places asking about the World History TECEP. No one seems to have taken it. I just took it and got an unofficial score of 84%. (a 65% is required for credit). I started out using Saylor as a way to prepare, as it was the first recommended option from TESU. I think it would take me all 12 weeks, if not longer to read/listen to all the varied material on Saylor. It was very disjointed and difficult. I used the TECEP study course on study.com as my main study source. It took me about a month of about 1-2 hours a day (not on weekends) to prepare. I did all the quizzes on study.com and all the tests---some a few times as review. I also used the review tests from Saylor and the Saylor final (which I took twice and had a different test each time) to review. I used some of the Saylor material to fill in things that I didn't learn from study.com.

I took the test today. You are given 2 hours. It took me about 45 minutes. I thought it was rather difficult. There were a lot of questions that were not covered in anything I saw on Saylor or study.com. The questions were very tricky and didn't really cover all time periods that they said they would cover. I guessed on a lot more than I had hoped. But, it is doable --but the questions were very rarely straightforward. I guess in the end, Saylor and study.com did prepare me, since I passed. So, if anyone needs a cheaper history course and either has a good understanding of world history (1600 to present) or is willing to put in more than a week or so of studying, the World History TECEP is very doable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bannerfield's post:
  • ClepChic
Good to know. Thanks for sharing!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Glad to read this. I am considering that for my TECEP.

Was just going to ask if anyone had used Study.com to take and pass a TECEP!
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,560 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 222 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 699 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 644 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 484 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 739 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 586 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,109 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP midnite123 7 751 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 514 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM