Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA started November 2016
EllisGrant Wrote:Could you give me an idea of the work load required, how lengthy are the papers and how in depth the learning compared to your undergrad? I'm seriously considering WGU for their MBA of MS in Management and Leadership but I'm hesitant being that writing is not my strong suit.

Ellis

The workload is similar to PennFoster class where you have to read bunch of text. Most class I have for this term has cohorts that are working on Fast pass, but that is still a month to complete a class. I still attend webinars from the fast pass, it helps but I follow the method that helped me with my undergrad.
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
Just passed C202 Managing Human Capital with a score of 87%.

Now on to a next one C211 Global Economic for Managers. I have attended one webinar but I think videos of Mr. Clifford on macro and micro will help me pull through this one better. I will go through the text and make connections. Planning to take PA over the weekend.

Al2010x Wrote:Evaluation came back asking me to revise my work to correct the grammar (ya, tell me about it).

Grammarly.com
I do a lot of writing and love it. It's free and very helpful. It even integrates with certain browsers to show corrections as you type.
Where is the free option for Grammarly.com? It keeps trying to get me to subscribe.
ndelcollo Wrote:Where is the free option for Grammarly.com? It keeps trying to get me to subscribe.

You have to sign up with a user name and password, but you don't have to pay anything.

They offer a premium upgrade which you have to pay for, but I just use the free service. They correct the "critical" issues for free, which are spelling and grammar mistakes, much more thorough than what Word offers. They also tell how many "advanced" issues you have, but you have to pay for those.
I have not been updating my thread as I thought I would because the study and the life got in the way :p. Anyway, after 7 months, I have completed my MBA journey. I was done with all my classes in March but decided to push out capstone in new term. It was awesome and glad to have my normal life back :o.

Everyone reading this, "Yes, you too can do it!"

Al2010x Wrote:I have not been updating my thread as I thought I would because the study and the life got in the way :p. Anyway, after 7 months, I have completed my MBA journey. I was done with all my classes in March but decided to push out capstone in new term. It was awesome and glad to have my normal life back :o.

Everyone reading this, "Yes, you too can do it!"

Congrats! Great work! Now you can update the signature...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Great job on finishing strong! I hope to follow your footsteps later this year!
Excellent job! Glad to hear it's over for you!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Super Cool!! Congratulations on crushing the program!!!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting WGU MBA November Term, Goal: 6 months amilitab4k9 15 3,984 11-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: amilitab4k9