Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Goal: BS IT-Security at WGU.
(12-18-2017, 11:12 AM)jsd Wrote: I haven't been posting on the forum lately, but now is as good as time as any to get back to it.

The third and final task of my capstone came back today, and I've passed the course!

I did not save my Capstone for last though, so I still have three more courses to go. Two of them are going to be very difficult for me, so I'll be saving those until my next term starts in February, and using the time until then to knock out the insanely easy course that should only take me a few days, and then I'll spend the remaining month+ studying for the two hard courses starting in Feb. I'll have quite the head start so hopefully that will ease my pain a bit.

I'm almost there!!

Congrats! I'm already dreading my capstone, hearing that you're past it gives me hope.

What three courses do you have left and which are the hard ones?
My WGU BS-NOS Accountability thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=28160

WGU BS Network Operations and Security 9/18
WGU MS Cybersecurity and Information Assurance 5/20

DONE!
The capstone was a lot easier than my TESU capstone, and even that wasn't the worst thing ever. You just need to motivate yourself to keep writing. I repeated myself a ton, too.

Anyway, spreadsheets is the easy course I have left that won't take me more than a few days to wrap up. The two hard ones are Interconnecting Networking Devices 2 for the CCNA, then CCNA Security
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I just did spreadsheets today and I agree, you could be done in a couple days. ICND2 and IINS are both pretty big, good luck!
My WGU BS-NOS Accountability thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=28160

DONE!
Spreadsheets in the books. Didn't spend any real time with it. Took the practice assessment and got 90% on it, then jumped right to the final and got a 90% on the final as well.

That's 32 CUs in my second term, the exact same number of CUs I finished in term 1.

My next terms starts Feb 1, so I'll spend all of January getting a headstart on the two last courses I have left, those Cisco certs.

Not looking forward to it, but at least the end if finally in sight.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • quigongene
(12-23-2017, 03:58 PM)jsd Wrote: Spreadsheets in the books. Didn't spend any real time with it. Took the practice assessment and got 90% on it, then jumped right to the final and got a 90% on the final as well.

That's 32 CUs in my second term, the exact same number of CUs I finished in term 1.

My next terms starts Feb 1, so I'll spend all of January getting a headstart on the two last courses I have left, those Cisco certs.

Not looking forward to it, but at least the end if finally in sight.

Awesome! You're so close to being done!

DONE!
[-] The following 1 user Likes theonlyski's post:
  • jsd
AND THEN THERE WAS ONE.

I just passed the second to last exam needed to completely my program! It was a certification exam, and the course was worth 6 CUs. I am now a Cisco Certified Network Associate! I got really luck on this one. I passed with a low score and wasn't all that strong ion any categories. There was definitely some lucky guess work. You wouldn't want to hire me as a network admin Wink

My last course/exam is another difficult Cisco exam, CCNA Security. It's also worth 6 CUs. But I have a whole 5.5 months to figure it out Big Grin

I think I'll be okay. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 8 users Like jsd's post:
  • ajs1976a, allvia, dfrecore, justdavey, quigongene, teacher2, theonlyski, Yenisei
I sat for the exam for my final course today, CCNA Security.

I needed 860 to pass, I only got 848 Sad

This is the first exam I've failed. I thought I was doing very well throughout the exam, except I was pretty lost on the one simulation question I got. Based on my score, that's all that probably kept me from passing.

Ugh.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(02-09-2018, 01:55 PM)jsd Wrote: AND THEN THERE WAS ONE.

I just passed the second to last exam needed to completely my program! It was a certification exam, and the course was worth 6 CUs. I am now a Cisco Certified Network Associate! I got really luck on this one. I passed with a low score and wasn't all that strong ion any categories.

You know what they call the guy that graduates at the bottom of their med school class? Doctor.

Congrats! CCNA is a bear, CCNA-S should be a bit less involved (though I'm hearing they've changed the test since I took it).

To be honest, there is rarely an issue that I cannot google to find an answer to, even as a CCNP. Just having the knowledge of where to look and generally what looks right or wrong is pretty useful.

DONE!
I already posted about it over here, but just for prosperity in case anyone comes across this thread in the future...

I sat for CCNA Security a second time today, and passed! That wraps up my WGU BS program! Read more about it in my completion thread linked above.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU - Network Engineering and Security B.S. Which path should I take? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 4 721 11-11-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Brandon.Thomas.Downer
  Career Question, Business Management or Cyber Security? Oneautumn7 22 1,665 08-06-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Oneautumn7
  WGU Computer Science degree vs Cyber security indigoshuffle 8 2,197 01-10-2023, 10:01 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  New BS in Network Engineering & Security on its way raekwon 12 2,716 07-05-2022, 03:36 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  BS IT Security at Western Governors University (WGU BSITSECU) Strategy help timmmay 19 5,992 01-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Last Post: timmmay
  I'm done (again)!! BS IT Security, WGU jsd 14 7,868 08-21-2018, 10:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Documenting My Journey: WGU BSIT-Security Thorne 79 21,891 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Thorne
  WGU for IT Security Degree? Calling all IT guru's marianne202 3 1,046 07-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Last Post: stretcharmy