Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pursuing Business Degree with mostly CLEP but help needed
I've been searching high and low for information regarding earning a degree via CLEP. I ran into a guy named Jay Cross and was nearly ready to purchase his $500 course when I ran across a thread from this forum detailing the low quality of the information. So, here I am!

I'd like information on obtaining a general business degree (2 year Associate Degree) with CLEP tests. I think I've been doing way to much searching and researching to get this figured out, I feel like I know less than when I had the idea in the first place. I've heard that Excelsior College will accept 100% CLEP credits. I'm thinking Business Management, Business Entrepreneurship, or Business Marketing would be most helpful, if I need to get down to that level of concentration with the Associate Degree. It can be very general.

What CLEP tests do I start out with? Which ones do I take to lead to the business degree?
Congrats on avoiding Jay Cross!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
This whole forum is full of detailed information on this exact thing ! Just use the search function in the top right with keys words like CLEP Associates and a few plans will pop up. Also, the wiki page has a few plans already laid out. Good Luck!
I just posted a whole bunch of associate degree plans on this thread:
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...i-can.html

Check out the WVNCC one especially.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
If you want to use one of the Big 3 for an ASBA, I think COSC has the best price. TESU has the best price when you want a BSBA - their $2,000 residency waiver jacks the price up considerably when you want the ASBA, but it becomes worth the price when you're getting your BSBA (makes it similar to the others in price, but it's less because you can test out of the business capstone at TESU for $114, which you can't at COSC or EC).

Anyway, if you can find another way to get your AA degree for less than COSC, you should definitely do it. Otherwise, use COSC (although they don't have an AA in business, just a general AA).

Here's an example of TESU's ASBA and BSBA starting from zero credits. The ASBA is $4400, and the BSBA is $6400.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">TESU 2016 BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 34.22 KB / Downloads: 9)
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">TESU 2016 ASBA.xlsx (Size: 23.22 KB / Downloads: 6)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-22-2017, 11:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you want to use one of the Big 3 for an ASBA, I think COSC has the best price.  TESU has the best price when you want a BSBA - their $2,000 residency waiver jacks the price up considerably when you want the ASBA, but it becomes worth the price when you're getting your BSBA (makes it similar to the others in price, but it's less because you can test out of the business capstone at TESU for $114, which you can't at COSC or EC).

Anyway, if you can find another way to get your AA degree for less than COSC, you should definitely do it.  Otherwise, use COSC (although they don't have an AA in business,  just a general AA).

Here's an example of TESU's ASBA and BSBA starting from zero credits.  The ASBA is $4400, and the BSBA is $6400.

Thank you so much for this info. i feel like i've already learned so much in the last 2 days. i will review the material you have provided me . Hopefully TESU responds to me quickly and  i messaged the Law university as well. I need to know what they will say regarding the GPA recommendation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 478 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 765 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 241 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 950 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia