Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you reading thread?
What are you reading for pleasure thread.

Right now I am reading Stephen King- IT and I am listening to 1984 by George Orwell on audiobook. Might switch to a hard copy

Next on my list is to finish Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Prsig

And soon Richard Clarke- Cyberwar

I would love to hear your reccomendations
Right now reading Do it Scared by Scott Allen and Clash of Kings By George R.R. Martin.

And I am on waiting list for Carrie by Stephen King.
CLEP - Introduction to Psychology, Introduction Sociology, Human Growth and Development, College Mathematics, Educational Psychology, Humanities
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Introduction to Statistic, TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Study.com - Intro to World Religion, Western Civilization 1, Western Civilization 2, Abnormal Psychology, Info Sys and Comp Apps, American Gov't, Social Psychology, Personal Finance,
Reading "Fleet of Worlds" by Larry Niven and Edward Lerner. Finished a fun bit of fanfiction, "Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality" by Eliezer Yudkowsky. Also, Asimov's Guide to the Bible.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
yb1 Wrote:What are you reading for pleasure thread.

Confusedmilelol: for pleasure...

Currently reading:
Jeff Tanner. Principles of Marketing.
Sales management: An analytical approach
Mastering Strategic Management
The power of selling
Public thought and practice TECEP study.com
and additional sources

Though, some of these books or parts of them, are truly fascinating to me and thus pleasurable. Others, or some parts of others, are absolutely dreadfully dry. Get to the point author...
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
Infinite Jest by David Wallace. Hilarious book and I learn a new slur of words every time I pick it up
I remember those days when I had time to read for pleasure...

::Sigh::
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I'm reading study.com these days Wink Not much time for anything else.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
I like (among others) books by musicians. People who can write a good song can generally write a page-turner of a book.

Recently finished Keith Richards' Life and Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run. Keith Richards' recollections were of much interest to me, as we are the same age and practically from the same place - about 18 miles apart, actually. We have VERY similar memories of postwar London, England - "the smoke-and-horse-s#!t pong,"
as KR expressed it. Smile

Both are great writers, but I'll give a slight edge to 'Keef." I also bought another by Keith that I really like, even though it's more of a kid's book - Gus and Me, about his grandfather Gus, his guitar and Keith's first times playing it, as a boy. That one's for my son - and yeah, I think his sons (9 and 13) might like it, too. Smile

J.
I thought when I graduated I'd have a ton more time and/or brain cells available to read, lol. I seem to be filling my time with other [hopefully useful] endeavors. I am however trying to remember to finish A Promise to Protect by Patricia Bradley.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Finished Frozen Past by Richard C. Hale and to begin the short story A Rose for Emily by William Faulkner.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Speed Reading Test. NOBODY Can Pass Level 10 LevelUP 0 485 04-10-2023, 12:27 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin Yet Another Boring Elon Musk Fanboy Thread LevelUP 3 636 11-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Finding Pictures of Odd Things Thread Vle045 17 1,342 04-19-2022, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Alpha
Lightbulb WGU Employee Thread TheTruthIsOutThere 8 1,338 08-18-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: TheTruthIsOutThere
  The Best Life Advice Thread natshar 8 2,577 02-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Speed reading courses? Thorne 2 1,618 11-14-2017, 10:20 AM
Last Post: DavidHume
  Unable to see recent posts on my own thread when logged in Thorne 15 5,163 10-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Head about to explode? Quick break thread. Joeman200 6 1,743 03-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Joeman200
  Edit Thread Title sekiflying 2 1,220 11-25-2016, 07:11 AM
Last Post: sekiflying
  My "Thank you!" thread - CCAF knocked out in less than two years thanks to IC and... OfficerA 3 1,095 03-31-2014, 10:33 PM
Last Post: cookderosa