Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com UExcel World Conflicts Since 1900: Study Guide & Test Prep
Hello! Has anyone used Study.com's UExcel World Conflicts Since 1900: Study Guide & Test Prep to prepare for the UExcel exam? If so, is it comprehensive enough to use on its own to prep for the exam? Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes npk32's post:
  • gremlinbrawler
Just a quick follow up, if anyone was wondering. This Study.com test prep for the UExcel World Conflicts exam is completely inadequate, almost laughably so. I completed the entire Study.com course and passed the final practice exam with a 49/50. I received a 27/50 on the UExcel practice exam. The Study.com course covers approximately 15-20% of the actual material covered in the UExcel exam. Not sure why Study.com is considering this a "study guide" or a "test prep" for the UExcel exam but if anyone is planning on using it to pass World Conflicts Since 1900 they are going to need to find another resource.
[-] The following 1 user Likes npk32's post:
  • gremlinbrawler
npk32 Wrote:Just a quick follow up, if anyone was wondering. This Study.com test prep for the UExcel World Conflicts exam is completely inadequate, almost laughably so. I completed the entire Study.com course and passed the final practice exam with a 49/50. I received a 27/50 on the UExcel practice exam. The Study.com course covers approximately 15-20% of the actual material covered in the UExcel exam. Not sure why Study.com is considering this a "study guide" or a "test prep" for the UExcel exam but if anyone is planning on using it to pass World Conflicts Since 1900 they are going to need to find another resource.

You should report this to Study.com, sounds like they need to make updates to this and I am sure they will.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I did not realize that they had study material for this test. This is one of the three Uxecel exams I have to take, so I think I will use this to study for the exam and see how I do. After reading the initial post I did take the practice exam and scored a 66 on it.
Associate in Arts - University of the State of New York / 1989
Undergraduate certificate in marketing, Ashworth College.

BSLS Excelsior college in progress. 6 classes to go
Hi Everyone-

Thank you so much for the feedback on our study guide for UExcel World Conflicts Since 1900! We evaluated the materials this morning and are currently working on changes to bring the course up to date. We will keep you updated on the status of the changes.

We apologize for any confusion this has caused for you.

Best,
The Study.com Team
[-] The following 2 users Like Study.com's post:
  • gremlinbrawler, mc.christi
(03-13-2017, 03:09 PM)Study.com Wrote: Hi Everyone-

Thank you so much for the feedback on our study guide for UExcel World Conflicts Since 1900! We evaluated the materials this morning and are currently working on changes to bring the course up to date. We will keep you updated on the status of the changes.

Best,
The Study.com Team

Was wondering if the study guide has been updated????
(10-27-2017, 04:25 PM)radconjohn Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 03:09 PM)Study.com Wrote: Hi Everyone-

Best,
The Study.com Team

Was wondering if the study guide has been updated????

i was wondering the same. I would like to take this test & use study.com to prepare for it
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Hi All,

The guide has been updated and aligns with the test. Thank you all for following up with this!

Best,
The Study.com Team
[-] The following 2 users Like Study.com's post:
  • jsh1138, radconjohn
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone has taken the UExcel World Conflicts using Study.com since it was updated. Was it enough to prepare for the test with? Also would appreciate any tips about any other resources people used to study for this test.
i am most of the way through Study.com's course on preparing for it, but I have not taken the test yet

A couple months ago I posted about my experience using Study.com to prepare for a different Uexcel and that did not go well. I'm not sure if I would want to try it again using just Study.com but if I do I will post my experience
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,348 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,441 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,450 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 746 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 362 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 590 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 312 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue