Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enlisted to PA not through the military
Hello ALL. I was looking for some insight on my current situation, hopefully, from a few who have been here before. I am currently in the Air Force active duty and just started college (1 year in enlistment). I was wondering if anyone had taken online classes to become a nurse, then PA (or anything along those lines). I'm looking at the nursing route and I guess just take chem labs at the nearby college. I was wondering if there is any way to tell what cleps transfer over to pre reqs/gen eds for nursing/ PA school. I've noticed each college has different reqs with different names so I am a bit confused about that also.
Hi there! I am a Navy Corpsman. It is good that ypu ate starting college early. Don't waste time and find a great mentor. Either you serve four years or more, you can apply the experience that you will learn while in the service.

First, make a solid plan. Nursing/PA. Stick to one because you don't wanna waste up all that time and effort if in the lager time, you keep on changing (based on my experience). Second, decide which school you are looking forward to attend to. Most of the pre-reqs and gen eds can be tested out. The question is, is your school going to accept those credits? If they do, great. If not, then I suggest to get it through CC specially the science courses that required labs. A&P 1&2, Biology, Microbiology, Chem, Physics. At least College Algebra for Math, and Staistics are required especially for a Bachelors in Science. I was planning to go that route before bit my real passion is Accounting and Engineering. I made a few friends that went the officer route or got out and pursue Nursing degree after completing the prereqs upon completion of their service.

Main thing is get with the school you want to attend to. Good luck!
Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Mathematics - 54/61  (Graduate by June 2020)
ASNSM in Computer Science - 55/61 (Graduate by June 2020)
BS in Health Services Technology - 106/120 (Graduate by December 2020)
BSBA General Management - 72/120 (Graduate by December 2020)

US Military Apprenticeship Program
Certificate in Medical Secretary - Earned in 2019
Certificate in Dental Assisting - Earned in 2019
Mattjones Wrote:Hello ALL. I was looking for some insight on my current situation, hopefully, from a few who have been here before. I am currently in the Air Force active duty and just started college (1 year in enlistment). I was wondering if anyone had taken online classes to become a nurse, then PA (or anything along those lines). I'm looking at the nursing route and I guess just take chem labs at the nearby college. I was wondering if there is any way to tell what cleps transfer over to pre reqs/gen eds for nursing/ PA school. I've noticed each college has different reqs with different names so I am a bit confused about that also.

It completely depends on the school. So you have to figure out what school you're going to go to, and then determine which CLEP/DSST exams they will accept, and what they will transfer in as.

Most schools will have a CLEP page on them if they accept CLEP exams, so search on their website to see. You can also ask advising, but they are not always great at knowing that stuff.

If you give us the name/state of the school (or a link) we can help more.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 3,036 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,682 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,580 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,791 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,893 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,936 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,286 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,428 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DraftKings Partners With VetsinTech to Offer Free Coding Training to Ex-Military Memb decimon 0 2,110 06-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: decimon
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,885 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku