Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS thread
teacher2 Wrote:Bumping the thread abit. Anyone have anymore news on this?

Last week, I was told the Registrar and Provost were reviewing my transcripts (CLEP, Community College, ACE) to see what could be articulated. I thought I wait to see if enough transfers before ordering a DSST transcript.
Curious how their residency will apply.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

I almost forgot to ask. I just looked at the requirements again and just wanted to make sure. The BOG Mathematics/Science Coursework requirements. I'm assuming you can use any Int. Algebra + math course? Also, the science, I guess those without labs work as well?

I applied and got a response. I'm going to start sending in transcripts when I get paid!
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
Still haven't heard anything from my app.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

I hadn't heard from my application either.
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

I've not heard anything further. I thought I'd chase again middle of next week if there's no update.
anyone know's if pierpont accepts DSST ?
nyvrem Wrote:anyone know's if pierpont accepts DSST ?

It shouldn't be a problem since they accept CLEP tests, but it is not specifically mentioned:

Quote:The BOG degree can be earned by combining any of the following: previously earned college credits; enrollment in traditional or on-line courses; military credits; credits earned through “challenge” exams or test-outs; credits awarded through CLEP tests; credits awarded through professional certifications that have been approved through the State BOG/RBA program; and credits that may be awarded through the official documentation and assessment of prior learning experiences through a portfolio submission. (See Notes)

You may want to email them just to make sure.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
Finally finished the second TEEX course! Once it appears on my ACE transcript I'm sending it. I'll request my AP English scores today, since that'll take around two weeks to show up.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
For those who are concerned about math, Pierpont does not require math, if you have 6 credits of science.

.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">bog model schedule (2) (1) (2).docx (Size: 58.19 KB / Downloads: 74)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 5 280 04-20-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 148 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 528 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 921 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 737 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 795 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 795 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 690 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,092 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,762 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares