Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS thread
teacher2 Wrote:Hmm. I haven't any B & M credits. Would it be better to complete a English course with Study.com to fill the com requirement and go with WV? I am currently working on my ba from WGU but was hoping to get an associates so I can sub or assistant teach at a local school. Their requirements state I have to have a associates degree at the minimum.

I was told you can request a waiver after your evaluation.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
icampy Wrote:Maybe try wvncc also.

WVNCC has the same 15cr from a CC requirement.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Quick Question:

Any advantage of obtaining the BOG AAS from Pierpont first and then transferring to the Big 3 vs. applying straight to one of the Big 3 with a bunch of misc 60 credits, or will the big 3 have to go through all credits one by one anyway?

Thanks!
CarpeDiem8 Wrote:Quick Question:

Any advantage of obtaining the BOG AAS from Pierpont first and then transferring to the Big 3 vs. applying straight to one of the Big 3 with a bunch of misc 60 credits, or will the big 3 have to go through all credits one by one anyway?

Thanks!

No. None of the Big 3 do a block transfer, so there's no point.

And WGU does do a block transfer, but only from an AA/AS, not from an AAS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Forgot to mention that Pierpont contacted me about my address. They need a US address. They did say a PO box was okay. I'm currently looking at USA2Me's service. I guess I will just go ahead and sign up since they do have a sort of free option.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
Today, finally, credits have begun to appear at Pierpont.

It looks like only my CLEP exams.

Still waiting for ACE, CC, and DSST.
Where are you seeing these credits appear?
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

On the FELiX portal, under 'Student', then 'Student Records', then 'Academic Transcript Order by Term'
It looks like Pierpont use the Fairmont State CLEP equivalencies. https://www.fairmontstate.edu/academics/..._exams.asp

They didn't post credits for German or the Natural Sciences general exam. Sad
They did post credit for the old Freshman College Composition exam I took without the optional essay in 2001. Smile
Mine populated today, finally. For some reason...only 25 or my 67 credits are there from my community college. Hopefully they just haven't finished them. No reason that ACE would get accepted and actual brick & mortar courses wouldn't. Especially technical classes transferring to a "community and technical college".
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 439 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 127 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 885 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 671 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 778 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 753 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 668 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,031 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,725 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,369 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP