Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS thread
(08-12-2017, 09:08 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote: For example, I wanted to declare Computer Science as an AOE.  MY credits came in coded as IS from my brick and mortar college.  The only AOE that I qualified for in this case was Info Systems.

If you have 30 credits as SCI, I am certain that they would let you declare a Science AOE.

I would send an email to Ms. Parks.  She usually replies within an hour or two, and she is very helpful.  

Good luck.

Thanks. I got no reply to my email a few months ago, but I guess she never saw it. Others are saying she is very helpful too.

(08-12-2017, 09:44 AM)Ideas Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 09:08 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote: For example, I wanted to declare Computer Science as an AOE.  MY credits came in coded as IS from my brick and mortar college.  The only AOE that I qualified for in this case was Info Systems.

If you have 30 credits as SCI, I am certain that they would let you declare a Science AOE.

I would send an email to Ms. Parks.  She usually replies within an hour or two, and she is very helpful.  

Good luck.

Thanks. I got no reply to my email a few months ago, but I guess she never saw it. Others are saying she is very helpful too.

You can also call her directly.  She is very friendly.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

(08-10-2017, 05:53 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote: Well, after a lot of waiting and wondering, I logged into the Pierpont Felix portal.  My student profile and my transcript both say "Graduate".  My transcript has a degree conferral date of August 1.  Last month, Ms. Parks submitted my application for graduation for me.  She told me that my Diploma would be mailed to me in late August.  I am pleased that they granted me a Area of Emphasis in Information Science.  I couldn't be happier.

I should soon be seeing my first degree arriving any time.  Very pleased with the West Virginia Board of Governor's program.

I am already at over 115 credits in the TESU Computer Science BS program, and hope to have that finished by Spring.

Smile

Wow. You are close! I am dreaming about doing their CS program (after BSBA), but I may be too busy working.

Well, I could not be happier.  Today, I opened the mailbox and found a large envelope marked "Diploma".  Pierpont finally mailed my Board of Governor's Associate of Applied Science.  What a great program.  Very flexible, and although I had to really email them and call a lot to keep the communication going, it was a fairly simple process all in all.  I hope some of the others on this forum, who are interested in the BOG program are able to open their mailboxes soon and find their Diplomas!  

Smile
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

[-] The following 1 user Likes ChilliDawg's post:
  • Joeman200
(08-22-2017, 05:28 PM)ChilliDawg Wrote: Well, I could not be happier.  Today, I opened the mailbox and found a large envelope marked "Diploma".  Pierpont finally mailed my Board of Governor's Associate of Applied Science.  What a great program.  Very flexible, and although I had to really email them and call a lot to keep the communication going, it was a fairly simple process all in all.  I hope some of the others on this forum, who are interested in the BOG program are able to open their mailboxes soon and find their Diplomas!  

Smile

Congrats!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • ChilliDawg
I'm interested in getting an AAS. I moved this past summer and haven't been following the forums as much as I would like to. Has anyone successfully received a wavier for not having any B&M credits? I don't have any.
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
(08-31-2017, 11:42 AM)Joeman200 Wrote: I'm interested in getting an AAS.  I moved this past summer and haven't been following the forums as much as I would like to.   Has anyone successfully received a wavier for not having any B&M credits?   I don't have any.

Joeman,

I would look up Ms. Nancy Parks phone number and call her.   She is the director of the BOG AAS program at Pierpont.

You couldn't possibly speak to a nicer, more helpful person.  

Thanks to her help, I have my AAS in my hands, as we speak.
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

Ms. Parks submitted my graduation application today. Like ChillDawg, I very much like the program. Some of my experiences:

From my understanding, there is no waiver for the 12 B&M credits. Maybe TECEP/UExcel/CSU Global?
You need at least a 2.0 GPA, so at least 1 class has to be graded (UExcel?).
One of my B&M classes that was counted was a remedial algebra class that was pass/fail.
My College Composition CLEP only counted for English I. My second English credit came from the Tech Writing DSST.
The Information Systems CLEP doesn't count (it's not on my transcript).
TEEX InfoSec for Everyone and InfoSec for IT Professionals DOES (comes in as INFO 1999, as did my Hacking & IR class).
TEEX InfoSec for Business Professionals comes in as a BUS elective, as does the 1 credit Sophia freebie.
A&I Lit CLEP also didn't make the transcript cut.
ALEKS PreCalc comes in as remedial math (MATH 0080), same with Beginning Algebra. College Algebra comes in as normal (MATH 1212).
They took EVERYTHING off my JST (38 credit hours!!!). It all came in as MILT 1998.
Astronomy DSST came in as SCIE 1999.

AoS is only available if you have 15 GRADED credits in a subject. No AoS shows up as "General Studies".

It took just over 2 months for Pierpont to put all my credits into the system (5 or 6 transcripts). 82 credit hours.
My wife applied about a month after I did. Our transcripts populated the same week (she only had 1 transcript, though). 67 credit hours.

I sent and received probably a dozen or so emails from start to finish. Ms. Parks usually responded back within an hour. 24 hours at most. I never had to call her.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • ChilliDawg, Life_One
(11-09-2017, 06:01 PM)AWESOME!  Congratulations.  It is a great feeling isnt it? I received my diploma in the mail, back in August.  It motivated me to forge ahead at TESU, and I have knocked out a ton of requirements and credits since that time.  Good luck in your future endeavors. quigongene Wrote: Ms. Parks submitted my graduation application today.  Like ChillDawg, I very much like the program.  Some of my experiences:

From my understanding, there is no waiver for the 12 B&M credits.  Maybe TECEP/UExcel/CSU Global?
You need at least a 2.0 GPA, so at least 1 class has to be graded (UExcel?).
One of my B&M classes that was counted was a remedial algebra class that was pass/fail.
My College Composition only counted for English I.  My second English credit came from the Tech Writing DSST.
The Information Systems CLEP doesn't count (it's not on my transcript).  
TEEX InfoSec for Everyone and InfoSec for IT Professionals DOES (comes in as INFO 1999, as did my Hacking & IR class).
TEEX InfoSec for Business Professionals comes in as a BUS elective, as does the 1 credit Sophia freebie.
A&I Lit CLEP also didn't make the transcript cut.
ALEKS PreCalc comes in as remedial math (MATH 0080), same with Beginning Algebra.  College Algebra comes in as normal (MATH 1212).
They took EVERYTHING off my JST (38 credit hours!!!).  It all came in as MILT 1998.
Astronomy DSST came in as SCIE 1999.

AoS is only available if you have 15 GRADED credits in a subject.  No AoS shows up as "General Studies".

It took just over 2 months for Pierpont to put all my credits into the system (5 or 6 transcripts). 82 credit hours.
My wife applied about a month after I did.  Our transcripts populated the same week (she only had 1 transcript, though).  67 credit hours.

I sent and received probably a dozen or so emails from start to finish.  Ms. Parks usually responded back within an hour.  24 hours at most.  I never had to call her.
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

[-] The following 1 user Likes ChilliDawg's post:
  • quigongene
I should be getting mine in June, just as I'm starting at WGU/Hodges. A big thank you to this board for, well, everything :-)
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 70 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 498 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 165 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 894 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 699 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 784 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 767 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 673 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,055 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,738 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares