Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
PMInTraining Wrote:Just seeing this... I currently work as a project coordinator at an IT company. Hopefully after I finish my MBA I can move in the project management role(hence the name PM in training) or possibly go back to manufacturing and be an operations manager(I really love being in manufacturing, people say it's weird for a female lol). Nothing is set in stone though... I'll be 22 in a few months, so I can still decide what I wanna be "when I grow up" hilarious

Awesome!!! How is your leading teams project coming along and Business Acumen?

I have tasks 1 and 2 passed for data driven decision making. Now I just need to pass the exam portion but the material is so boring. I am struggling to get through it and I have plowed through a majority of the other classes.
PMInTraining Wrote:Just seeing this... I currently work as a project coordinator at an IT company. Hopefully after I finish my MBA I can move in the project management role(hence the name PM in training) or possibly go back to manufacturing and be an operations manager(I really love being in manufacturing, people say it's weird for a female lol). Nothing is set in stone though... I'll be 22 in a few months, so I can still decide what I wanna be "when I grow up" hilarious

*gasp* You're a female? In IT?! Preposterous!

Only joking, but do you any PM experience as of yet? I've been studying up for the Project+/PMP, and I actually really enjoy it. I want to get a feel for what it is actually like before I decide to try and specialize.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Thorne Wrote:*gasp* You're a female? In IT?! Preposterous!

Only joking, but do you any PM experience as of yet? I've been studying up for the Project+/PMP, and I actually really enjoy it. I want to get a feel for what it is actually like before I decide to try and specialize.

HAHA! I tend to get that a lot... then people ask me to fix things and I look at them like they're nuts. LOL! I dont do THAT part of IT. So FUNNY story, one of the PMs in our office actually just put in her 2 weeks and I'm one of the only people who know how to do her job... I've been trained as a "backup" for 2 people in our office, so there might be something there in the near future to actually get the title. I asked her what the probability was of me being promoted, she goes, "Well, you do half my job anyways..." Honestly, I like it. Between this and manufacturing/operations, one of the two is what I would consider doing as a career. I dont have a technical/ IT background, so I learn a lot of the terminology and things flying by the seat of my pants.
WOW I just took the pre-assessment for Data Driven and it was quite hard. Now that we don't get the overall score its harder to see exactly where you landed. It appears I got maybe 2-3% past the cut score. I am going to have to work really hard on this over the next week or so and really hone in on a few keys areas to stay on track. UHG-- this class is definitely the worst so far.
Just met with my team for leading teams... about to revise my task one(got kicked back for one thing :'( ). They want us to be done by next Thursday, which I have no problem with. I still haven't taken my business acumen exam, but that is getting done for SURE this weekend. I should be able to start working on Data Driven the week of the 17th... I'm terrified now LOL!
Put a check mark next to Business Acumen! That exam was NOT fun. Hoping to complete Leading Teams and have both tasks submitted by Friday, then jump into Data Driven the week of the 17th as previously planned. Question-- When did you guys start looking at your stuff for capstone/getting forms signed and things of that nature? Or when did your mentor start discussing it with you?
PMInTraining Wrote:Question-- When did you guys start looking at your stuff for capstone/getting forms signed and things of that nature? Or when did your mentor start discussing it with you?

Only communication on the capstone I had with my mentor was mentioning that my interest was to get into the project asap and they just said 'Sounds Good To Me'. The only talks thereafter were via email and one call congratulating me on the success on completed tasks. If I remember correctly, there were three classes (maybe 4) that were still needed when I got into the capstone. Task 1 is really straight forward and with effort, you should be able to complete without having any issues. I've mentioned some feedback on each task in the thread and all I would add is to tackle them one at a time. Initially, I tried to get a handle on all 4 tasks at once and it just made for too much information to process at once. After creating some structure for how to handle the capstone, it was a very enjoyable experience.

Task 1 needs approval prior to doing Task 2 but one can do Task 3 or Task 4 at anytime. Keep in mind that task 3 has several pieces connected to Task 2, so even though possible, it can get a little tricky doing Task 3 without prior having the majority of Task 2 completed. Once you are into the Capstone, this will be clearly understood. Task 4 is completely a stand alone project and could be completed first if a student desired to.

Strive to pick a Business Problem and company of real interest (Task 1 & 2), this can make for a rewarding project. I strengthened some business relationships and made a few new friends because of these tasks.

Great job on your progress!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Thanks for the info. SMs and CMs are out next week for academic meetings and my next meeting isn't until the 19th, so I guess I'll discuss it with my SM then. I thought I would've had to have everything completed before that. So close to the finish line! cheersmate
Congrats on completing Business Acumen! It was a little tricky Smile. I spent about 6 hours at Panera this weekend studying for the Data Driven Decision Making exam. I have it schedule for this coming Saturday and am gonna try to reread the first few chapters and most critical sections again. Fingers crossed it goes well and I can spend the rest of the month on Strategic Management. Trying not to stress to much but if there is any exam that I might need a 2nd attempt in this program--it will be this one. lol I have spoken with my mentor a little bit on the capstone and am already working to secure a few possibilities for tasks 1-3. I think I am going to submit task 1, then do task 4, and then 2 and 3 for the capstone. I really want that final video presentation to be the END. lol

@Ransomsoul-- Congrats on completing the program!!! How does it feel?
Mag48 Wrote:I really want that final video presentation to be the END. lol

@Ransomsoul-- Congrats on completing the program!!! How does it feel?

It's always cool looking how one student can love a task and another feel completely different:

Exam Lovers & Exam Haters

Writing Paper Lovers & Writing Paper Haters

Presenting Lovers & Death Over Presenting!

Task 3, if you're not a fan of presenting will be a great last Task. Primarily because by that point you will have so much knowledge from the program that if you enjoy presenting, it will be a walk in the park and if you don't enjoy presenting, the knowledge will give you super powers to muscle your way through it Smile

With regard to my feelings, this has been an awesome experience. 2015 I was still undecided about even pursuing a bachelor and just over a year and a half later, I have a bachelor, master and close to a second master complete. I feel more than anything, the need to make sure to take a moment and enjoy the accomplishments before racing on to the next.

Ok...Moment Is Over!!! Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • passit1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,732 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,940 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,141 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,739 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,735 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,733 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,330 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,202 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100